PDA

View Full Version : Going from D-Command to S6, a couple og things I cant find

amolin
05-12-2016, 02:55 AM
I just got an S6, and going from my good old D-Command there are a couple of things I kinda miss ;)

1: The zoom button, that I could double-click to "zoom all", how can I do that on the S6?

2: Pressing Option-Command and clicking on Track Size up (or down) it would resize all tracks vertically, to fit my screen... Is this possible on the S6?

Those two tings were really big in my workflow, so is really missing them ;)

amolin
05-12-2016, 09:26 AM
To answar my own question, I have to make some softkeys for it...
Well, guess I'm learning ;)

creativecontrol
05-12-2016, 10:08 AM
Greetings,

A few more ideas... The LOC button on the Transport section is currently mapped to trigger Zoom Toggle and when adding the SHIFT key it triggers a simple Zoom to Selection. Based on your workflow you could keep, augment or modify these. Also, there is a page we created with nothing but Zoom functions on it which should be accessible from the Right Master Automation Module Soft Keys. You could also program a CONTROL OPTION COMMAND Down arrow operation for any switch which would fit all visible tracks into the edit window.

best,

Jeff

amolin
05-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Aah cool, starting to see all the goodies :)
Thanks a lot :)

Marsdy
06-01-2016, 02:33 PM
Aah cool, starting to see all the goodies :)
Thanks a lot :)

Once you start customising softkeys it gets totally addictive. I've done a complete custom Appset of softkeys and it's a joy to use.

It really does speed up your workflow and efficiency once your muscle memory kicks in. I'm now hitting the softkeys I want without even looking!

It takes a bit of time to set up but it's totally worth it.

jacko
01-25-2017, 12:46 AM
I just got an S6, and going from my good old D-Command there are a couple of things I kinda miss ;)

1: The zoom button, that I could double-click to "zoom all", how can I do that on the S6?

2: Pressing Option-Command and clicking on Track Size up (or down) it would resize all tracks vertically, to fit my screen... Is this possible on the S6?

Those two tings were really big in my workflow, so is really missing them ;)

After a few months how would you judge switching from D-Command to S6?

I'm curious how you get along without all automation indicators on faders (LEDs for: up/down arrows, read, touch, latch, write, trim)?

Do you miss automation controls from D-Command center section? They're nicely visible (automation write enable, write to all, etc.) on D-Command.

Do you miss Auto and Trim buttons next to each fader?

amolin
01-25-2017, 06:53 AM
After a few months how would you judge switching from D-Command to S6?

I'm curious how you get along without all automation indicators on faders (LEDs for: up/down arrows, read, touch, latch, write, trim)?

Do you miss automation controls from D-Command center section? They're nicely visible (automation write enable, write to all, etc.) on D-Command.

Do you miss Auto and Trim buttons next to each fader?

Automation indicators on the faders are still there, kind off, automation mode is in the display for each channel, the small display over the fader. Up and down arrows are missing though.

Auto and trim buttens are still there, they are just called something else, so once you get used to it's almost like on a D-Command.

All the stuff from the center section, and a lot more, is on the displays/buttons on the main and automation modules, so no, fortunately I dont miss any of that stuff :)

EddieJones
01-25-2017, 07:28 PM
Up and down arrows are missing though.

Instead there's a whole meter that shows how much difference there is between*what you are writing and underlying automation and when in trim the offset (Not to mention the Display Modules automation lines)

amolin
01-26-2017, 01:19 AM
Instead there's a whole meter that shows how much difference there is between*what you are writing and underlying automation and when in trim the offset (Not to mention the Display Modules automation lines)

Interesting, never noticed that...
Unfortunately I dont have display modules, so have no idea what they are showing.

EddieJones
01-26-2017, 07:34 AM
Yes when in write or trim the left meter next to the fader turns into an automation delta meter. It switches back to level as soon as you drop out or write or trim.

amolin
01-27-2017, 04:48 AM
Yes when in write or trim the left meter next to the fader turns into an automation delta meter. It switches back to level as soon as you drop out or write or trim.

Not in trim mode ;)
It works when writing automation, but not for trim.

EddieJones
01-27-2017, 08:00 AM
To see the trim one you have to have written automation first, then go back and make an offset move. Also make sure that coalesce trim Pref is not set to do it after every pass.