PDA

View Full Version : Need a advice...

sam68
04-09-2016, 01:54 AM
Hi to all people here!

My question:
Sometimes when i hit STOP in playback i can hear wonderfull effect tails fading out.
Is there one simple way to record these tails in PT without extern software that record PT stream?

Thanks in advance

Stig Eliassen
04-09-2016, 02:46 AM
You could create a mix group containing all audio and MIDI/VI tracks, include mute as a group attribute, and hit any mute button in the group whilst recording everything onto a new audio track.

Does that work for you?

sam68
04-09-2016, 03:19 AM
Hm, i don't know, i'm not at home now, but MUTE will kill any signal from selected tracks and effects will be muted too, don't you think?
Thanks anyway, i'll try that later!

Stig Eliassen
04-09-2016, 03:41 AM
This method will work just fine if you use sends on audio and MIDI/VI tracks to feed effect auxes. Don't include effect auxes in the group.

sam68
04-09-2016, 04:39 AM
Yeah, but that don't always satisfy me..
I can see only two solutions:
1. External software that capture PT stream
2. Cutting samples and clips on tracks with insert effects in the position where you want to STOP playback( to much work)

Thank you

Stig Eliassen
04-09-2016, 06:57 AM
Yeah, but that don't always satisfy me..
I can see only two solutions:
1. External software that capture PT stream
2. Cutting samples and clips on tracks with insert effects in the position where you want to STOP playback( to much work)

Thank you
Oh, so you have tried it?

How pressing stop to get these effect tails would be more satisfactory/accurate than pressing mute is beyond me, but we all have our personal preferences.

sam68
04-09-2016, 08:50 AM
What i want to say is that i can't have effect trails from insert effects and in ahead to plan your effects in sends because of these effect trails is to much effort without warranty that it would be good sounding.
It have to be a game with music and when something nice occur accidentaly is the best thing of all and that is what force the creativity...

With regards, thank you

albee1952
04-09-2016, 04:01 PM
If you are inserting reverb or delay on the source track, that is not the best way to get what you want. Reverb and delay plugins are best used on AUX tracks, and you use a SEND from the source tracks(like if you want to send a vocal to a reverb plugin, or a guitar to an echo plugin). Since a post-fade send would mute if you mute the source track, by using a pre-fade send, it will continue to send audio to the AUX track/plugin, even if you mute the source track:o