PDA

View Full Version : Please vote this one up

Norrie
01-26-2016, 12:04 PM
http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Avid-S3-channel-to-follow-channel-selection-by-clicking-a-plugin-with-the-mouse-or-the-select-key-as-normal/223253-3779

Channel to follow channel selection by clicking a plugin with the mouse or the select key as normal

Currently the workflow for the S3 is to click select on the S3 channel then hit insert and select what plugin we wish to control with the top 16 encoders.

If the first insert is selected on channel 1 and we want to control the first insert on channel 2 then we hit the select key on channel 2 of the S3 and so on.....

This works however there is not a day goes past where I don't find myself getting confused and making wrong changes when I'm working fast and have multiple instances of the same plugin across various channels.

This is because if I click a plugin on the next channel with the mouse that plugin will show on my monitor but the S3 I'm still on the previous plugin so I then need to remember and click select on the corresponding channel before I make any changes.

For a example if I have a 1073 pre amp on channel 1-8

I am controlling a 1073 on channel 1 and I have my left hand working the S3 and my right hand on the mouse my instinct when I want to control the 1073 on channel 2 is to open that insert with the mouse however I then reach for the S3 and I'm making adjustments based on thinking I've opened the 1073 on channel 2.

Yes I have opened it but I would need to follow up by remembering to pick the correct channel on the S3 before changing any value this results in menumerous times a day making changes to the wrong channel.

It would be fantastic to see a option where we can set the S3 or I think in this case it would be Pro Tools to follow channel selection based on the last plugin that was clicked ?

The 1073 was just for example purposes this is the same workflow regardless of plugin used.

I don't think this would be counter productive for any other workflow and hope to see it added in as it will really speed things up for me and I hope for others ?

Please vote this one up !

Marco Bernardo
01-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Done! You're not alone anymore my friend.