PDA

View Full Version : PLAYLIST FOR MIDI: question

cmbourget
11-04-2015, 02:52 PM
I have a question about a way of working.

I record multiple takes of a song (voice and digital piano MIDI) with PLAYLIST function. But this PLAYLIST function (or I'm wrong) does not exist for MIDI. So I can not group voice (audio) and piano (MIDI) to make a montage of the best takes like I would in audio.

A solution ?

NealMiskin
11-22-2015, 12:02 PM
MIDI and Instrument tracks both handle playlists just like audio tracks. Pro-Tools is good that way. Aux inputs, VCAs and Master faders do not have playlists.

Although if we were able to use VCA masters to swap out playlists for groups, that would be handy in some situations.

cmbourget
11-22-2015, 01:55 PM
My question is the playlist management to build a track of the best takes The way to do audio, it would be useful for MIDI.

RyanC
11-22-2015, 02:24 PM
Vote for it-

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Midi-playlists-working-like-audio-playlists/13542-3779

cmbourget
11-22-2015, 02:53 PM
submitted 6 years ago... ouf

DonaldM
11-22-2015, 02:54 PM
My question is the playlist management to build a track of the best takes The way to do audio, it would be useful for MIDI.

It would be, but unfortunately, PT doesn't have that feature for MIDI yet. The best option is to just convert various takes to audio and then comp the audio playlist like you normally would. If you have 12.3, the. Track Commit feature will make that pretty easy, or if not, then use offline bounce to make the audio takes.