PDA

View Full Version : Can't activate PT12

jclark5093
09-10-2015, 12:04 PM
I decided, on my second computer, I would try out PT12 after using PT11 for about a year.

I downloaded the application manager, logged in, and it prompted me to download PT12.2 which downloaded and installed without error. When I tried to launch it for the first time, the iLok window popped up asking me to log in, and I did, using correct credentials.

After accepting my login (and yes, my iLok is plugged in), I get the following:

Select License to Activate

You do not have any pending deliveries for the license(s) you need to authorize the software.

Click here if you need to purchase a license for Pro Tools 12.

This is not cool. My iLok manager shows that I have Pro Tools 11 Bundle (2) which includes PT10/11. When I log in to Avid master account, it shows Pro Tools Upgrade And Support Plan 2015 Update, and under that, as of 8/15/15 it says I have "Licenses: Pro Tools 12 Bundle_" so why is it not showing on my iLok manager? It says I don't even have one to activate...

mesaone
09-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Is the PT12 license in your iLok account, or is it actually on your iLok?

jclark5093
09-10-2015, 12:08 PM
It's not showing on my iLok license manager at all, only PT11 Bundle.

The PT12 bundle is showing on the Avid Master Account website when I log in.

jeffro
09-10-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm seeing a Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan (10/11/12) bundle on your iLok2, so I'm guessing you completed the upgrade in your account after posting this? It was activated to your iLok 9/10/2015 @ 12:07 PDT.

When you first redeem your upgrade code, it adds the product to your Avid account. You then have to go into that product, select a previous license/bundle (that you are upgrading from) and click Submit. It then adds the installers to that product, surrenders the 'old license/bundle, and deposits the license/bundle in your iLok account.

jclark5093
09-10-2015, 12:15 PM
About 10 minutes ago.

I found that it was on my iLok account but my license manager was not updated to show it. I logged out, logged back in, and it was in the top section under my account name, from where I transferred it to my iLok USB.

Thanks, and sorry for the outburst! I was trying to get it working all morning! I don't have permanent internet on this computer, I have to turn it on to use it!

jeffro
09-10-2015, 12:17 PM
Thanks for letting us know. :-)

led5150
09-13-2016, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone. I'm getting this same error:

Quote:
Select License to Activate

You do not have any pending deliveries for the license(s) you need to authorize the software.

Click here if you need to purchase a license for Pro Tools 12.

However I do have a PT 12 HD License in my account and on my ilok. But it just doesn't seem to recognize it! It's driving me crazy and I have a mix that i need to finish today!

Any help!?

jeffro
09-13-2016, 11:01 AM
...I'm getting this same error... I do have a PT 12 HD License in my account and on my ilok...
You have a single Pro Tools HD 12 (NFR) license, but a Pro Tools 12 license is also required. (See the Authorization section of any of the release KBs like this one (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/Download/Pro-Tools-12-5-2-Downloads).) Please contact whoever provided the NFR license and let them know you also need the Pro Tools 12 license.

jadkinsjr76
10-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Not to revive an old thread, but I my Pro Tools 11 was starting to mess up. The menu was all messed up looking. So I went to see if I had a later version and it said I could get Pro Tools 12.4 as my updates ended in February. So when I upgraded I get this same error now. When I look at my Application Manager it says Pro Tools not activated. What do I do?

jeffro
10-03-2016, 11:00 PM
Not to revive an old thread, but I my Pro Tools 11 was starting to mess up. The menu was all messed up looking. So I went to see if I had a later version and it said I could get Pro Tools 12.4 as my updates ended in February. So when I upgraded I get this same error now. When I look at my Application Manager it says Pro Tools not activated. What do I do?
Welcome to the community.

Confirmed there's no Pro Tools 12 license in your iLok account, so I checked your Avid account (http://my.avid.com) - you have a Pro Tools product in your Products Not Yet Downloaded so please go there, click Activate Product and follow the prompts. That should update your iLok license which can then be activated to your iLok using the iLok License Manager app.

jadkinsjr76
10-04-2016, 07:27 AM
What do I put in for the code?

jadkinsjr76
10-04-2016, 08:16 AM
So I bought Protools 10/11 and got an access card for it and already put it in my account? Do I need that same access card to get PT 12.4? I thought it was part of my year of updates. I didn't think I ever needed my access card anymore since I put it in my avid account already. I don't even know if I still have it.

Do I still have access to install Pro Tools 11 again if need be? I just don't know a lot about how these activations work.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

jeffro
10-04-2016, 09:42 AM
Where is it asking you for a code? If you click Products Not yet Downloaded, then Activate Product it should ask for your iLok User ID.

jadkinsjr76
10-04-2016, 09:54 AM
Where is it asking you for a code? If you click Products Not yet Downloaded, then Activate Product it should ask for your iLok User ID.

I do remember seeing that somewhere. Is that on my avid account or iLok Manager or what?

jeffro
10-04-2016, 09:59 AM
In your Avid account, see the link in my previous post (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=2386435).

jadkinsjr76
10-04-2016, 10:01 AM
I found it. It said the product was:

Pro Tools Make Whole V2

Is this correct? I put in my ilok username. Hope this all works.

jeffro
10-04-2016, 10:08 AM
Looks like that completed successfully. Now...

Launch iLok License Manager
Activate the Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015 bundle to your iLok (drag it there, or right+click > Activate and choose your iLok)
It should ask you to surrender your Pro Tools 11 Bundle (you'll get a bundle in return with perpetual licenses for 10+11+12).

jadkinsjr76
10-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Thank you very much. I didn't know how all the activations worked. That helped a lot and seems to be working.

delgado9us
11-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Hi, since I updated to 12.6 I am getting the same messages when trying to start PT

I have a perpetual license with an plan expiring in January 2017.
This shows up in my ILok manager, but when I right click it and want to activate, the "Select a location" lower field is blank, although the ILok is plugged in. I can only cancel, "activate" is greyed out.

I pinged support but have not heard back. Thanks.
-----------------
edit-got it working. Process is a little confusing.

ArthurLF
11-28-2016, 03:13 PM
Hello,

I'm having the same problem, I had PT12 activated on a Mac and it worked just fine. I have changed the computer and installed everything again - iLok manager and Pro Tools (an older version this time due to older OS X 10.11.6), I deactivated and reactivated the licenses and synchronized the iLok.
When I'm running PT, I get the same error - You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available.
I tried all the workarounds in this thread, nothing worked.
Please advise on what I could do to solve this issue.

Thank you.

jeffro
11-28-2016, 07:24 PM
...I had PT12 activated on a Mac and it worked just fine. I have changed the computer and installed everything again - iLok manager and Pro Tools (an older version this time due to older OS X 10.11.6)...

Your account shows a Pro Tools Perpetual license, so you should install Pro Tools 12.6 which is the first version that license authorizes, and it supports Mac OS X 10.11.6 (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/compatibility/Pro-Tools-Operating-System-Compatibility-Chart).

sbs
01-17-2017, 10:00 PM
Necro posting, apologies.

I've been away from recording for about a year.

I've reformatted and reinstalled OS X 10.10.5.

In my Avid master account PT 12.4 is available to download (PT11 is also available). My support expired January 2016. I downloaded the PT12 files and installed everything. Booted PT and get similar messages to the above and am directed to the Avid website to purchase a PT 12 license.

My iLok account has the same PT10/11 licenses mentioned above.

I can't see a way to activate 12, even tho I am no longer supported is there a way to activate PT12 or, as I do not wish to commit to an annual support plan with Avid at the moment, should I just uninstall 12 and go back to 11?

Thanks for any help offered.

Tim

jeffro
01-17-2017, 10:15 PM
...In my Avid master account PT 12.4 is available to download (PT11 is also available). My support expired January 2016. I downloaded the PT12 files and installed everything. Booted PT and get similar messages to the above and am directed to the Avid website to purchase a PT 12 license.

My iLok account has the same PT10/11 licenses mentioned above...
You have a product still in your Products Not Yet Downloaded (https://my.avid.com/products/notyetdownloaded) which should update your licensing. Please complete that, activate the new license bundle (iLok License Manager) and report back. Thanks!

sbs
01-17-2017, 11:10 PM
Jeffro

Thanks for your reply. I clicked your link and got the iLok license updated, thanks you!

Getting a similar line for Space, will check to see if there's something else waiting for me to download in the morning. :-)

Dillenger
02-21-2017, 08:32 PM
Ive been using protools 10, now 11 on my MacBook Pro 15 2 GHz intel core i7, 16GB of ram with OS 10.9.5. I recently got my hands on a newer MacBook Pro that has OS 10.12.3 Sierra on it. Trying to install pro tools 12.7 on it. Have my iLok plugged in and I get prompted to authorize. After clicking on authorize and logging in to my iLok account, I get "Select License to Activate, You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available. You have one pending license delivery that requires you to surrender one or more licenses from your account." How does this work. In my account it shows the content for pro tools 10, 11 & 12 and say I have a perpetual license. I also have an annual subscription that will expire in a few weeks. How can I get pro tools 12 to work and when my annual subscription ends, what versions of pro tools will I have access to?

Dillenger

jeffro
02-21-2017, 09:48 PM
Ive been using protools 10, now 11 on my MacBook Pro 15 2 GHz intel core i7, 16GB of ram with OS 10.9.5. I recently got my hands on a newer MacBook Pro that has OS 10.12.3 Sierra on it. Trying to install pro tools 12.7 on it. Have my iLok plugged in and I get prompted to authorize. After clicking on authorize and logging in to my iLok account, I get "Select License to Activate, You don't have any licenses in your account, or none of the licenses there have activations available. You have one pending license delivery that requires you to surrender one or more licenses from your account." How does this work. In my account it shows the content for pro tools 10, 11 & 12 and say I have a perpetual license. I also have an annual subscription that will expire in a few weeks. How can I get pro tools 12 to work and when my annual subscription ends, what versions of pro tools will I have access to?

Dillenger

Just to clarify, you have an Upgrade Plan, not an Annual Subscription. That means you own a perpetual (non-expiring) license.

I checked your iLok account and see there is a Pro Tools Perpetual Bundle (with 10/11/12) that was deposited 9/27/2016. Please launch your iLok License Manager (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/faq/iLok-License-Manager-Overview) app and activate that bundle to your iLok - it should ask for your older Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015.

Thanks.

Dillenger
02-22-2017, 11:38 AM
Thanks, I was able to get it working after following your instructions.

I appreciate it.

Dillenger

jeffro
02-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Thanks, I was able to get it working after following your instructions.

I appreciate it.

Dillenger
Glad that helped!