PDA

View Full Version : Pro Tools first and 11

tritonkorg
09-01-2015, 12:12 AM
Can Pro Tools first be installed on the same computer with other versions of PT such as Version 11?

kaylyngabriele
09-01-2015, 12:18 AM
Both of the installers for Pro Tools 10 and other version will be in your Avid account. when you complete that activation/upgrade process:

tritonkorg
09-01-2015, 12:24 AM
I understand that, but my question was if Pro Tools first can be installed on the same computer that has other versions of Pro Tools already installed.

Benoni
09-01-2015, 09:10 AM
I understand that, but my question was if Pro Tools first can be installed on the same computer that has other versions of Pro Tools already installed.

yes. I have Pro Tools 12 and First installed.

Jay_uk
09-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Just curious as to why folks are getting PT First, when they have the full version.
Is it to do some editing/recording without needing ilok?

zoff
09-13-2015, 09:55 AM
Just curious as to why folks are getting PT First, when they have the full version.
Is it to do some editing/recording without needing ilok?

Yes. Too bad it crashes on launch.

hage1000
02-14-2021, 01:10 PM
I have PT11, and a friend wanted me to collaborate with him. He has the latest subscription PT. Since PT11 doesn't do the collaboration thing, I installed PT First on the same PC as PT11. When you start First, a message comes up saying it will modify the workspace file making it incompatible with previous version of PT. I backed up the file before continuing with First. First came up, and I could select the project, but it would not download any tracks. It said download failed due to timeout. But I did get both versions working on the same PC. I restored the workspace file before starting PT11 again.