PDA

View Full Version : Can PT utilize mouse "tiltwheels"? 4-way scrollwheels that go left<->right too?

JLiRD808
08-31-2015, 11:57 PM
I see on lots of mice that have "tiltable" scrollwheels that can be pushed side to side. They're used quite a bit in business settings to scroll horizontally in large spreadsheets I think, 4-way scrolling I think it's called.

Is anyone using a mouse with this feature? I know SHIFT+scrollwheel scrolls PT horizontally, but can the tiltwheel be modified to scrub, or perform some other horizontal feature, maybe even free us from using the SHIFT button?

Hope I'm being clear.

Thanks!

khaudio
09-10-2015, 02:43 PM
I see on lots of mice that have "tiltable" scrollwheels that can be pushed side to side. They're used quite a bit in business settings to scroll horizontally in large spreadsheets I think, 4-way scrolling I think it's called.

Is anyone using a mouse with this feature? I know SHIFT+scrollwheel scrolls PT horizontally, but can the tiltwheel be modified to scrub, or perform some other horizontal feature, maybe even free us from using the SHIFT button?

Hope I'm being clear.

Thanks!

It depends on the mouse. The Apple magic mouse can scroll sideways by swiping sideways. I have tried a few that could tilt the scroll wheel left/right, but PT (perhaps it was OS X) didn't recognize it as a scroll (it just paged up and down). I also tried setting the tilt to a key combo of shift + the scroll wheel, but IIRC, the software driver didn't like that (had to configure in windows- no mac version of the driver, then save to the mouse itself, then reboot to try in PT). Some newer mouses have ARM procs and storage built in, so they retain settings across systems, but it's a toss-up on whether they scroll side-to-side or not. Maybe you'll have better luck than me if you're using windows. I eventually settled on something that was comfortable, but I do miss the side-scrolling without holding shift.

Richard901
09-10-2015, 03:00 PM
If you're using a Mac, SteerMouse might help.
A 30 day trial is available.

http://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/

JLiRD808
09-10-2015, 04:08 PM
Sorry I should have mentioned earlier that I'm in Windows. There's an app called X-Mouse that I'm trying out now, but not having the best luck.

Thanks!

joachim
09-11-2015, 03:03 AM
Logitech G700s , with their Gaming Software Utility : programmed the push scrollwheel left/right to do "Alt PageDown" and "Alt PageUp" (this shortcut is not documented to work with the edit window, but does). Scrolls by page, works super fine.