PDA

View Full Version : How do I download PT First?

thepinkhouse
08-21-2015, 04:26 PM
I have PT Express and PT 12 each licensed with an iLok key.

I'm new to PT and I would like to have it on my laptop so I can work on learning PT when I'm traveling. The problem is that PT Express requires that I connect my M-Audio unit that I got the PT Express with - which is not possible on an airplane for example - and PT 12 is not running on my laptop because it's not powerful enough. The laptop is a Celeron with only 4GB of RAM.

My understanding is that PT First might run on my laptop but I can't find anywhere to download it. If I follow he links on the webpage, it says that I can download it in my master Avid account but I'm not able to find a link to download it.

Does anyone know a direct link to download PT First?

Benoni
08-21-2015, 05:34 PM
I have PT Express and PT 12 each licensed with an iLok key.

I'm new to PT and I would like to have it on my laptop so I can work on learning PT when I'm traveling. The problem is that PT Express requires that I connect my M-Audio unit that I got the PT Express with - which is not possible on an airplane for example - and PT 12 is not running on my laptop because it's not powerful enough. The laptop is a Celeron with only 4GB of RAM.

My understanding is that PT First might run on my laptop but I can't find anywhere to download it. If I follow he links on the webpage, it says that I can download it in my master Avid account but I'm not able to find a link to download it.

Does anyone know a direct link to download PT First?

PT First is not available to the public yet, at least not in a "come one, come all" sense. You sign up for it, and you will get an email when your copy is ready.

That said, PT|First will not run on your laptop since it has a Celeron processor. The minimum specs are a Core2Duo.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Compatibility/Pro-Tools-First-System-Requirements