PDA

View Full Version : Burning a simple unmixed track to c.d. in protools 11

theivories
08-19-2015, 04:38 AM
Do I need to import track sessions from my external hard drive into protools 11 on my hard drive of my Mac in order to properly burn rough cut c.d.'s ?

Craig F
08-19-2015, 07:56 AM
don't know, did you print your mixes?

musicman691
08-20-2015, 04:52 AM
Do I need to import track sessions from my external hard drive into protools 11 on my hard drive of my Mac in order to properly burn rough cut c.d.'s ?

don't know, did you print your mixes?
This and I don't believe PT can burn a red book cd that will play in a regular cd player.

Stereo Missile
08-20-2015, 06:18 AM
Protools is not a CD burning application, you can't burn cd's within protools. You should be able to do that in iTunes or Windows Media Player though, or Waveburner if you have logic. There are other apps too.

Justin1524
08-20-2015, 01:58 PM
It's built right into Presonus Studio One Pro 3. Go figure!

Craig F
08-20-2015, 07:44 PM
but who uses CDs anymore

jeffro
08-20-2015, 09:13 PM
Is this related to your other thread (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=370849)?

It might help if you describe what you want to do (and why) and hopefully someone here will have some advice on how to get there.

musicman691
08-21-2015, 04:27 AM
but who uses CDs anymore
I do and so do my clients.
Can't stand mp3 quality or the lack thereof.

Craig F
08-21-2015, 09:01 AM
I do and so do my clients.
Can't stand mp3 quality or the lack thereof.

you don't have to use data compression to use digital files

theivories
08-21-2015, 05:34 PM
What does "PRINTING" the mix mean ?

I'm only listening to ProTools session files recorded in a studio that are on an external hard drive with protools installed on my MacBook.

No intention of changing the mixes....just doing last listens.
I'm also going to convert individual instrument and vocal tracks from WAV to Midi and then send into my NOTATION software to save time producing clear cut charts of the arranged parts.

I do not have the sessions imported from the external hard drive onto the hard drive of the MacPro.

Does this make my next question clearer ? .....DO I NEED TO IMPORT THE EXTERNALLY SAVED TRACKS ONTO PROTOOLS ON THE HARD DRIVE OF MY
"MACPRO" TO SAFELY BOUNCE TO TRACK AND BURN ROUGH MIXES OR IS IT SAFE TO BOUNCE TO DISK FROM THE EXTERNAL DRIVE ? Concerned that boucing to disk (not mastering...premasters...rough mixes) directly from the external drive of sessions could compromise the Final Mix later on ?
I'm sorry to sound redundant, but, better safe than sorry with more questions.
Thanks to anyone that has clarity and tons of knowledge on this.
Also...please don't reply if you're doing to attempt to answer with a question to me as to why I'm not using another software or other system...that's just
making everything more frustrating....but, thanks anyway.

Stereo Missile
08-21-2015, 07:43 PM
It makes no difference which drive you bounce from or to,, as long as the drive is able to do it successfully. A digital copy is a digital copy, the drive has absolutely no sonic effect unless it is so bad that it is failing to read or write correctly, in which case protools should give you an error message.

theivories
08-21-2015, 11:37 PM
Much appreciated....

My feeling was (even though I have back ups to 2 other external hard drives of this project)....that the less I work with the external drive, the fewer the chances of some kind of corruption occuring on that drive.

I will most likely, due to the size of my project, have an externally dedicated drive to bounce to disk on strictly for a rough cut library so to speak for listening and further arranging. (Actually, I think I read a couple of people have done that as well.)
Otherwise, I will be importing into the hard drive of my Mac and bouncing from there.

Thanks again.

Rosco1969
09-06-2015, 03:16 AM
Virtually all MP3 players play .wav files so, really no need to make MP3's if you don't like the quality.

VRW
09-12-2015, 01:48 AM
This can be used like a plugin on the master bus (last one) in PT. You can open it
and use it to burn your project directly on a CD (redbook).
http://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/cd-burn-ddp/

You can buy the plugin and the standalone version separately if you want.
http://audiodeluxe.com/products/hofa-cd-burn-ddp-plugin
http://audiodeluxe.com/products/hofa-cd-burn-ddp-standalone

You can demo it for 14 days, fully functional, if you are interested.

All the best.