PDA

View Full Version : burning a 1 instrument or vocal line to c.d. in protools for listening

theivories
08-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Sensibly, does it matter whether I burn an mastered instrument track to c.d. from the external hard drive or the internal hard drive ?

Darryl Ramm
08-15-2015, 05:12 PM
Nope.

theivories
08-15-2015, 05:16 PM
Sorry...I mean to type....do I burn an UNmastered track of 1 instrument from the external hard drive or my internal hard drive of protools 11 on a macpro ?

My intent is to take the individually burned WAVE files....instrument or vocal parts(individual) to C.d. ( 1 part per track on c.d.) ....convert them to midi....send the midi to my NOTATION Software and hopefully save a good deal of time with getting a lot of original charts notated for live performances. Thanks all. ( the notation software is still not perfected these days with midi...so I have to have the clearest conversions going to it.)

albee1952
08-15-2015, 05:39 PM
Still doesn't matter. What DOES matter is; do you intend to burn a DATA CD or an AUDIO CD? If your goal is to import the audio file to another program, then burn a DATA cd. Why not just convert the audio to midi right in the session?