PDA

View Full Version : Waves Kramer tape issues TDM

Raoul23
07-29-2015, 01:26 PM
Hi Guys I have a strange issue that I can't remember having before I'm on the latest version of Kramer V9.2 but when I load an instance of it and change any of the settings it's makes the GUI and pro tools really laggy but like I said only when I turn any of the virtual knobs ??

I'm using Pro Tools 10.3.10 HD on windows 7. Anybody else using this plugin get this issue or know how to fix it :)

Thank you in advance

crizdee
07-30-2015, 12:36 AM
Hi,

Is it the same if you open the plugin on either of your display monitors?

I have some plugs that behave different depending on which screen I open them on. I guess it's ram issue on the graphics card in my case!

Chris

elicious
07-30-2015, 12:40 AM
hey raoul, running fine here on 4 systems,
tho all macs with waves v9.3 and pt hd 10.x
e

Raoul23
07-30-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm sure it's the same I haven't really tested it like that but I'll give it a go and report back. It never used to do this in V8 if I recall ??

Raoul23
07-30-2015, 01:41 PM
Just tested it on both monitors and it's the same on both very laggy

Table Syrup Records
07-31-2015, 08:43 AM
Hmmm.... I'm on Mac, and not having any issues like this.

Here's what I'd do:

1) Update Graphics Card Drivers
2) Delete Waves Cache/Prefs

Try Again

Could try removing second monitor so computer doesn't see it's hooked up.
I head a lot about people having problems caused by dual monitors on Win

Raoul23
07-31-2015, 08:44 AM
Hmmm.... I'm on Mac, and not having any issues like this.

Here's what I'd do:

1) Update Graphics Card Drivers

2) Delete Waves Cache/Prefs

Try Again

Could try removing second monitor so computer doesn't see it's hooked up.

I head a lot about people having problems caused by dual monitors on Win

How do I delete waves prefs, I no how to trash pro prefs is that different ? :)

Table Syrup Records
07-31-2015, 08:57 AM
I'm not on Windows, so I can't tell you where the files are located, but yes, that will be a different location than the Pro Tools stuff.

Google or Waves Tech support is gonna be your friend.

Because you went from v8 stuff to v9 stuff, I'd locate your WaveShells also, and make sure you don't have any old 8 shells in there either.

Here's the thing. Honestly, I'd just exercise good measure, and uninstall all Waves products, manually be sure all waveshells are trashed, manually trash the Pref's/Cache - then reinstall your latest version fresh

Really doesn't take long to do it.

Or, alternatively, hop on the phone with Waves Tech Support

Raoul23
07-31-2015, 08:58 AM
Ok it only gets laggy when I adjust flux, bias, and tape speed. All is ok when I adjust any of the other options ?

Table Syrup Records
07-31-2015, 09:04 AM
Yeah, again, I strongly suggest trashing like I said. Or just going through the removal and reinstallation process (WITH MANUAL VERIFICATION OF WAVESHELL AND CACHE/PREF REMOVAL).

Raoul23
07-31-2015, 09:05 AM
Yeah, again, I strongly suggest trashing like I said. Or just going through the removal and reinstallation process (WITH MANUAL VERIFICATION OF WAVESHELL AND CACHE/PREF REMOVAL).

Ok buddy I'll give that a go :)

Table Syrup Records
07-31-2015, 06:04 PM
Be sure to update this thread with the results of doing what was suggested :-)

Helps to not have dead end threads ;)

Raoul23
08-02-2015, 04:50 AM
Be sure to update this thread with the results of doing what was suggested :-)

Helps to not have dead end threads ;)

Will do :) Just got some sessions happening at the moment will try the above in the next couple of days

Raoul23
08-04-2015, 03:47 AM
I've been testing today. Uninstalled V9 and reinstalled my V8 and the same thing happens, but what I did notice and its the same for both V8 and V9 is if I convert the plugin to native the lag is hardly there, it's there a little but no where as near when using it as a TDM plugin. ??!

Raoul23
10-18-2015, 01:26 PM
Guys any thoughts on this had a session today where it was really leggy my graphics card is an NViDIA GeForce 610 I have the latest driver do you think this is a graphics card issue or more than that. I have also noticed that slates VTM with the reels showing this can cause leggy issues to. Strange how they both have reels and both cause an issue. Today after my Kramer issue I had a BSOD pro tools locked up and crashed ??

jgeorge64uk
12-06-2016, 11:00 AM
I had this issue as soon as I upgraded.
I rebooted my computer and re-installed the previous version of the software and worked like a charm!

Alternatively try contacting Waves through the help page they have great customer service!