PDA

View Full Version : Can you make a muted track automatically unmute only when you solo it?

DJ Hellfire
07-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Doing a mix against a reference track and I want to be able to quickly a-b the mix against the reference. Is there a way you can make a muted track automatically unmute only when you solo it and goes back on mute when you un solo it?

Raoul23
07-14-2015, 09:50 AM
I would purchase magic AB it's a great plugin for this and makes mix referencing easy and quick

mesaone
07-14-2015, 10:03 AM
The easiest way without third party tools is to mute one of the tracks, select both, and use Shift+M to toglle the mute state of both simultaneously.

If there are other tracks in the session that you don't want to hear, then you would solo both tracks in question, then mute one, then select both and toggle with Shift+M

Stig Eliassen
07-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Doing a mix against a reference track and I want to be able to quickly a-b the mix against the reference. Is there a way you can make a muted track automatically unmute only when you solo it and goes back on mute when you un solo it?
Sometimes I put the ref on its own playlist on the actual mix print track, and just toggle input monitoring. On for mix, off for ref.

john1192
07-17-2015, 06:17 AM
AB Magic is the way ... well worth it ... more than one Ref track is really sweet

elicious
07-17-2015, 04:00 PM
i didn't see a control surface in your sig,
but for those of you reading this who have one,
setting up a/b's is very easy…
e

DJ Hellfire
07-17-2015, 06:30 PM
Thanks a lot guys!

NealMiskin
11-14-2015, 03:08 AM
You need a PFL solo. This has been an HD only feature for some time, but as of version 12.3 it's in the standard version of the software as well. Look under Options > Solo Modes. You may have to specify a solo bus in your I/O setup, but that's easy enough to do.