PDA

View Full Version : Click II modification

tangoportland
05-29-2015, 09:38 PM
Is it possible to change the Click II to be a bass drum instead of a click, cowbell,triangle? Some thing louder than is more audible when recording.

For example in 4/4
bass drum , snare , snare , snare

thanks

Stig Eliassen
05-30-2015, 02:26 AM
No, you can't use your own samples in that plugin.

I'd suggest that you either:

a) import the samples you like into a sampler and trigger them with MIDI notes

b) import the samples you like onto a tick-based audio track

c) use something like Xpand2 on an instrument track, and create a pattern that you like

DetroitT
05-30-2015, 04:24 AM
However For free you could use Click 2 and Thump
Two Tracks - Two Click 2's - Two Metic-Halo Thumps

Or for a better 808-snare creation use Avid Expander/gates and Signal generators (Also Free)

"Some thing louder than is more audible ... "
Can't hear any more? Get a better set of cans with an ample amplifier.

Note the above works great just for a home made Rhythm-Machine kit.

Carl Kolchak
05-30-2015, 10:08 AM
Is it possible to change the Click II to be a bass drum instead of a click, cowbell,triangle? Some thing louder than is more audible when recording.

For example in 4/4
bass drum , snare , snare , snare

thanks

Yes you can.

Assuming none of the many sounds you can choose from in the Click II plug-in work for you (and you can choose a different sound for accented, and unaccented if you like : click1 & click2), you can set the click "Output" to route to another VI (Xpand / Boom / Structure / Strike etc) from
the Click / Countoff set-up options.

Alternatively, you could just use Boom as your click generator, very quickly creating a pattern in it's matrix, and having a MIDI note trigger it (as it will follow the session tempo).

Hope that helps.

Seafoam_Green
05-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Often I will get people that dont feel comfortable playing with the click, or dont have experience playing along with one, or they just lose the feel to their performance because they are over concentrating on the click ..., especially when it get to a chorus or some other different section of the song.

For those people I will set up a basic drum beat using Toontrack EZ Drummer2 , as they will always feel inspired with a decent set of drums holding the beat throughout the songs changes

I first get them to agree on a preferred tempo for song with the EZD2's metronome ,while I do this I quickly prep these changes to pro tools tempo.

Next I tap a basic beat into EZD2's "tap to find feature" which finds a beat they find very comfortable to play along to ...., (I have a vast collection of drum midi to choose from).

I will then drag that midi file into EZD2's "song mapping / tempo map " for how many bars necessary etc - and repeat the procedure if the song has any changes .

This procedure takes me about 10 minutes max to map out a basic song , and I usually add in markers to the song at the same time.

soybalm
06-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Setting up 8th note information at a lower volume along with 1/4 notes helps immensely especially when the tempo is slower. If you use drums, be aware that sample start times are usually behind a little because the blooming attack longer than a click. Boom is tighter. Just set up one midi note and edit the groove to fit your needs. I also like the audio idea because you can set the wave right on the beat or a sweet spot.
Depending on the performer, I may do away with tempo and either adapt the grid to the performance with beat detective and a steady 1/4 note midi track or then straighten out the tempo with all the audio in elastique mode. You can lower the strength of the polyphonic mode by right clicking on the audio and selecting Elastic properties. This helps avoid artifacts.

tangoportland
06-01-2015, 04:46 PM
When I open EXPAND 2 how do I get sounds to play , I have no midi controller, or midi keyboard.
I see a lot of per-programed loops .
How do I choose one and how do you make it play with no midi controller?
I click the play button on EXPAND 2 and nothing , it looks high lighted green, my click track works but I want to hear and use some of the loops.
Basically how do you play the loop using the EXPAND 2 interface

When I select a loop , how do you play it?
I have no midi controller or keyboard.
Is it possible to play the loops and record them with no controller?

Thanks