PDA

View Full Version : Command 8 Fader issue. Can anyone help please?

rpl16a
05-18-2015, 02:27 AM
Hello. This is my first post, so I'm not too up to date with etiquette.
My Command 8 (4 years old) has developed a little issue.
The faders jump around when I switch the unit on (whether I'm running Pro Tools or not).
All I have to do is pull the faders back down and it's good to go. However, when I am in pro Tools (10,11 or 12) and I page through the tracks. Going forward is fine, going back through the pages, the display on my Command 8 and the faders 'judder'.

I have already re-installed / re-flashed the firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ray.

Boot issue : https://youtu.be/GSbSIgHNjgs

Page issue :https://youtu.be/07kIFSP-OCI

rpl16a
05-19-2015, 01:55 AM
I should point out that when I have the 'switching on' issue, it is ALWAYS different faders that have the issues. Not the same each time.

rpl16a
05-22-2015, 11:39 PM
Anyone?

rpl16a
05-28-2015, 09:43 PM
If just like to say thank you for the huge help that you have all given me with this issue. It's so nice to know there is a warm, friendly community that is always there to lend a hand when us novices need guidance.
The quality of assistance I have had from this forum is matched only by the quality of assistance I have received directly from Avid.
Breathtaking.

Raoul23
05-29-2015, 12:54 AM
Have you taken the base off and inside disconnected the faders blown the dust out then reconnected them. I've had this issue and that sorted it out for me.

PS this a great forum and there are lots of helpful people on here

rpl16a
05-29-2015, 01:05 AM
Hi Raoul23. Thanks for posting.
Yes, I have tried this. Unfortunately, it didn't work.
The only thing I can think of doing is taking it to an Avid repair / service centre and having them look at it.
Thanks for your time though. I do appreciate it. [emoji4]

Raoul23
05-29-2015, 01:13 AM
If you get them to sort it they will prob charge you a fortune I'd just buy another off eBay

albee1952
05-30-2015, 01:43 PM
If you get them to sort it they will prob charge you a fortune I'd just buy another off eBay
Good advice^^^ but before you do that, I would open the unit and re-seat every connection you can find(actually unplug-replug each connection several times each). Why? because the Command8 is of a vintage that is similar to most 002 and Control24 units and those were pretty notorious for have wiring/connection issues. Spraying some De-oxit at the same time is also not a bad idea:o

rpl16a
06-01-2015, 09:00 PM
albee1952 Thank you. Sound advice. I'll do this today. I have already tried this. I just unplugged and re-plugged the faders. This time I'll do every connection I can unplug, plus, I'll spray the contacts. I have some switch / contact cleaner and anti-static air cleaner. I'll give them a go. Thank you [emoji4]

YYR123
10-23-2015, 07:49 AM
I have already re-installed / re-flashed the firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you get it sorted Ray? Is updating the firmware like the Pro Control? Where you just log into PT and it happens auto-magically?

jcnicolas
11-17-2015, 03:20 PM
Hola como estan todos? Tengo un problema con una Command 8 al encenderla no suben ni bajan los fader, luego en protools solo llegan a subir a -8 y cuando muevo el fader desde la computadora la command no reconoce el movimiento. Que tendría que hacer?

YYR123
11-17-2015, 04:50 PM
Abre su C8 y ver si hay algo desconectado....
Con mucho cuidado, pero no es algo demasiadamente difícil