PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite support is now available with EuControl 3.2.2 and Workstation 3.2.2!

Kyle Splittgerber
04-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

Please go here for all of the information:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=366482

There are a bunch of S3 fixes in this release as well.

Thanks for your patience, guys. I know its been a long wait.

LukeHoward
04-03-2015, 07:08 PM
Fantastic, downloading now.

I don't suppose there's 96k support in AVB with this update?

LukeHoward
04-03-2015, 07:58 PM
EuCon crashed whilst updating my firmware and the surface still says "Updating Do not power down".

Edit: this turned out to be OK as the S3 had already downloaded the firmware before EuCon crashed.

One suggestion. Having the user select whether the update firmware reminder be displayed at startup is suboptimal, particularly when you're attempting to determine whether a firmware update succeeded. (I had to boot the S3 in Utility mode to verify this. Also: the dialog box UX: is this 1995? :-)) Would it be possible to check the firmware version at surface connect time and display the reminder only when the firmware does need to be updated?

Anyway, well done on getting this bug fix out, faders not randomly stopping working will be most appreciated by all I am sure :-)

maunaloa
04-04-2015, 12:17 AM
After updating the S3, and updating EuControl, the upgrade does not work UNLESS your re-enable Eucon in PT | Setup | Peripherals. Otherwise, you get blank faders on the S3.

That step should be in the readme file.

Also the "need to reboot" message after installation of Eucontrol Workstation completes may appear behind the "installing" window, and you'll have an infinite wait until you minimize the "installing" window. Check in Control Panel to see that the install is done, then restart. When I clicked "restart" on the Eucontrol "need to restart", Win 8 did a data dump as if the system froze.

Be patient.

Suggestion to Kyle. In addition to adding the "check the Eucon box" in PT Ethernet Peripherals, tell the devs to add an "Updating S3 Firmware. Do not power down S3 or computer." to the desktop in the next update version. The message on the S3 is hidden behind the rotary controllers. When a user clicks "Finish" on the display desktop... the updating takes another 15 mins... that's a long time for busy minds.

LukeHoward
04-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Nice one Avid! Just playing back a 96k session over AVB. Very very cool. My S3 is coming with me on my next trip :)

Kyle Splittgerber
04-06-2015, 02:53 PM
EuCon crashed whilst updating my firmware and the surface still says "Updating Do not power down".

Edit: this turned out to be OK as the S3 had already downloaded the firmware before EuCon crashed.

One suggestion. Having the user select whether the update firmware reminder be displayed at startup is suboptimal, particularly when you're attempting to determine whether a firmware update succeeded. (I had to boot the S3 in Utility mode to verify this. Also: the dialog box UX: is this 1995? :-)) Would it be possible to check the firmware version at surface connect time and display the reminder only when the firmware does need to be updated?

Anyway, well done on getting this bug fix out, faders not randomly stopping working will be most appreciated by all I am sure :-)

Thanks for the suggestion and I agree that it can be better. We do want to make firmware updates much more automatic and intuitive. Also, you don't have to boot into Utility Mode to check firmware, you can just select the S3 in the My Surfaces list and click the "Show Info" button.

Kyle Splittgerber
04-06-2015, 03:01 PM
After updating the S3, and updating EuControl, the upgrade does not work UNLESS your re-enable Eucon in PT | Setup | Peripherals. Otherwise, you get blank faders on the S3.

That step should be in the readme file.

Also the "need to reboot" message after installation of Eucontrol Workstation completes may appear behind the "installing" window, and you'll have an infinite wait until you minimize the "installing" window. Check in Control Panel to see that the install is done, then restart. When I clicked "restart" on the Eucontrol "need to restart", Win 8 did a data dump as if the system froze.

Be patient.

Suggestion to Kyle. In addition to adding the "check the Eucon box" in PT Ethernet Peripherals, tell the devs to add an "Updating S3 Firmware. Do not power down S3 or computer." to the desktop in the next update version. The message on the S3 is hidden behind the rotary controllers. When a user clicks "Finish" on the display desktop... the updating takes another 15 mins... that's a long time for busy minds.

Thanks for the feedback. There are actually two firmware updates taking place here. One that fixes the connectivity issue in Yosemite and one that resolves the non-responsive faders. The latter happens completely outside of EuControl and only takes place when there is a fader firmware update. Hence, the messaging on the surface and not in EuControl. We thought the messaging was fairly easy to see on the surface. But, there is always remove for improvement. Also, that fader firmware message on the surface says it can take up to 15 minutes, which is pretty rare actually. Generally, its about 8 minutes. Did it take 15 minutes for you?

D3F
04-07-2015, 01:07 AM
Hi,
I can't find newest EuControl version on my avid account.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
'My products and subscriptions -> VENUE 4.5 Software Upgrade-> Product Details and Download Links' and there is only EuControl 3.2 version.

LukeHoward
04-07-2015, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the suggestion and I agree that it can be better. We do want to make firmware updates much more automatic and intuitive. Also, you don't have to boot into Utility Mode to check firmware, you can just select the S3 in the My Surfaces list and click the "Show Info" button.

Oh cool, thanks for this tip!

Norrie
04-07-2015, 02:31 AM
Hi,
I can't find newest EuControl version on my avid account.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
'My products and subscriptions -> VENUE 4.5 Software Upgrade-> Product Details and Download Links' and there is only EuControl 3.2 version.

You will need to log in and download from here http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/euphonix/artist_downloads.html

EuControl 3.2.2 for Mac OS X
Mac OS X
Adds support for Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite"
Adds a Soft Key Editor for Pro Tools | S3
In Pro Tools 12 and higher, the preference for Mix and/or Edit windows to follow surface bank selection is now working
Various other fixes
Note: You must update the firmware on Artist Series and S3 control surfaces after installing EuControl Software 3.2.2
OS Compatibility

Mac OS 10.9.5
Mac OS 10.10.2+

EuControl 3.2.2 for Windows (64-bit)
Windows 64-bit only
In Pro Tools 12 and higher, the preference for Mix and/or Edit windows to follow surface bank selection is now working
Various other fixes
Note: You must update the firmware on Artist Series and S3 control surfaces after installing EuControl Software 3.2.2
OS Compatibility

Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 8.x 64-bit

D3F
04-07-2015, 03:28 AM
You will need to log in and download from here http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/euphonix/artist_downloads.html

EuControl 3.2.2 for Mac OS X
Mac OS X
Adds support for Mac OS X 10.10 "Yosemite"
Various other fixes
OS Compatibility

Mac OS 10.9.5
Mac OS 10.10.2+

EuControl 3.2.2 for Windows (64-bit)
Windows 64-bit only
Various other fixes
OS Compatibility

Windows 7 64-bit
Windows 8.x 64-bit

Yes, but the S3 surface is registered as a part of S3L-X system, so it should be available at Avid account, Am I right?

"Pro Tools | S3 users, log into your Avid account here to access EuControl 3.2.2."

Norrie
04-07-2015, 05:45 PM
Yes, but the S3 surface is registered as a part of S3L-X system, so it should be available at Avid account, Am I right?

"Pro Tools | S3 users, log into your Avid account here to access EuControl 3.2.2."

Unfortunately not.

Mine is also registered to my avid account but the Eucon Software is available in the above link
http://euphonix.avid.com/artist/ux/euphonix/artist_downloads.html

made
04-11-2015, 01:02 PM
First I have to say thank you for the update! Now the Channel Encoders are finally working as they should. No fader fell asleep so far.

The Softkey editor is also a very important addition.

My question concerning the softkeys: why can I set colours in the software if the LEDs stay orange?
It looks like it is implemented to have for example my "Preview" key green and my "Auto Join" red, but it doesn't work.
On my AVID Transport it works (with red and green being swapped)

Btw: Nice to put the Touch strip to some use!

dumbeat
04-11-2015, 01:06 PM
Perhaps the color coding section is part of the Artist Control, not the S3?

maunaloa
04-11-2015, 03:44 PM
made, did you also install Eucontrol W/S?