PDA

View Full Version : PT 12.....can't get an answer!!!

Moonlightstudio
03-31-2015, 08:34 PM
I've posted some in this forum and read here religiously for months. Had to create a freaking new account because I couldn't remember my username or login. Anyway.............

I switched to PT 11 on October 30,2014 with a purchase of an eleven rack and PT from sweetwater. I can't get an answer from sweetwater or find in this forum....WILL I GET PT 12 upgrade for free??? It's not in my avid account (yet) and I am dying to find out. It would be freaking unreal to miss the deadline by a short period.

If I'm NOT eligible , will I be looking at $199 ?

Thanks for the help. This place has taught me so much and hekped my PT changeover the last five months. Thanks.

Quickdraw
03-31-2015, 09:49 PM
I bought mine on November 3rd and I believe that was very early on, maybe the second or third day after it started. I'm surprised you cant get an answer from Sweetwater. I think you would need to purchase after November 1st but can't say for sure. If you look on your Avid account page it should tell you what product you have. I also got an email from avid confirming the support plan.
Hope I'm wrong but I think your just a bit early, sorry.
I also remember seeing somewhere that the Eleven Rack bundle was not eligible for the support plans.

maunaloa
03-31-2015, 09:54 PM
One way to know if you have a free HD upgrade is that PT11 and PT12 should both be in your Avid Account after activating using the "credit card" code that came in your PT HD box. There may be other ways, but that's what worked for me.

Moonlightstudio
03-31-2015, 10:36 PM
I don't have HD. I bought PT 11 on October 30,2014. Sweetwater couldn't give me a straight answer. Said they were confused by it all. I'm frustrated.
Love PT and it has been EXTREMELY stable for me. Just want an answer.

My account just shows 11.