PDA

View Full Version : S6 fader module meters on left hand side?

jacko
02-18-2015, 12:54 PM
I understand that r&d work for S6 Fader Module must have started long time ago when Euphonix seemed to be focusing on Logic Apple which had meters on left hand side of faders. But now in Logic X meters were moved to the right hand side.

Nuendo, Cubase, Logic X and Pro Tools - it seems that leading DAWs have meters on the right.

Is there any hope fader modules will be redesigned?

At least it doesn't have this useless SEL button between faders like the S3 and Artist, but... you know...

brdst
02-18-2015, 06:35 PM
It would obviously have to be a new fader module, and I don't think i'd be willing to buy a new one just for that... but, I too seem to have trouble getting use to that. I'm only a few weeks on it, but at the start of the day I still have to focus on that. After a few minutes it seems to go away though. I imagine I will grab the wrong fader less at the start of the day as time goes on.

jacko
02-19-2015, 04:04 AM
It would obviously have to be a new fader module, and I don't think i'd be willing to buy a new one just for that... but, I too seem to have trouble getting use to that. I'm only a few weeks on it, but at the start of the day I still have to focus on that. After a few minutes it seems to go away though. I imagine I will grab the wrong fader less at the start of the day as time goes on.

I went on tour with S3L for over a month and I kept adjusting wrong faders occasionally until the end of the tour. That's one of the things that made me decide against buying S3 for my home studio.

They should really make revised version of S6 fader modules and offer replacement for S6 users.