PDA

View Full Version : reauthorizing melodyne essential.

Terry Wetzel
01-29-2015, 05:48 AM
Good morning. Recently I seem to have lost or misplaced a couple of plugins.
(Pro Tools 9, Win 7,32 bit). I have moved past my problem of accidently deleting some plugins when I trash prefs by deleting the wrong folder,(dae instead of dae prefs, el stupido!). For some reason I guess Pro Tools treats 3rd party plugins differently than their stock plugins as far as where in the system it files them. I have managed to restore ezdrummer2 by reauthorizing it but I need help with celemony melodyne essential. I need a link or directions to their website where I can hopefully reauthorize my purchased software. Thanks. :-)

Southsidemusic
01-29-2015, 06:27 AM
Hi Terry

Yea that sux but have you tried this:

download the very latest version of Melodyne essential from your myCelemony account under "load installer" next to your serial number.

This new version comes with an activation assistant which makes the old unlock key procedure obsolete, since this new assistant does this for you. So simply download the new version, install it and then start it. The activation assistant will guide you through the activation process. You won't receive an unlock key by email as this is not necessary anymore with this new version.

If your Melodyne essential installation still asks for an unlock key, then this definitely is not version 1.8. In this case I recommend to remove everything Melodyne related from your computer. See How can I remove Melodyne from my computer? in the Installation/De-Installation section of our FAQ. After that please download and run the latest installer as described above.

Also outlined here if you scroll down to License and Activation:

http://www.celemony.com/en/help/faq?checkLang=1

Best Regards
Christopher

Terry Wetzel
01-30-2015, 05:42 AM
Thanks Christopher,Southside music. If I recall, and in my case that's a big if, I purchased the plugin from Sweetwater's website. I believe it was on sale at $49.00. Would this have any bearing on the recovery procedure you describe? I shouldn't have to pay for it again. (?).

Terry Wetzel
02-04-2015, 05:48 AM
Hey Christopher. I'll tell you what sux! This system of limited authorizations of software after accepting the customers money! There will always be circumstances that were not considered by the software company when these very limited rules and regulations are implemented! Just my opinion but I consider it unnecessarily complicated and a royal PITA! Why the paranoia that customers are out to steal from them? Meanwhile the horse is long since out of the barn in the recorded music arena! No one seems concerned about preserving musicians and artists rights to artistic license and look the other way! :mad:

Southsidemusic
02-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Hey Christopher. I'll tell you what sux! This system of limited authorizations of software after accepting the customers money! There will always be circumstances that were not considered by the software company when these very limited rules and regulations are implemented! Just my opinion but I consider it unnecessarily complicated and a royal PITA! Why the paranoia that customers are out to steal from them? Meanwhile the horse is long since out of the barn in the recorded music arena! No one seems concerned about preserving musicians and artists rights to artistic license and look the other way! :mad:

I know what you're saying for sure. All the pirates have made this necessary and at times very complicated and time consuming.

Did you get it working again? Of course you are not gonna have to pay again.

Terry Wetzel
02-05-2015, 05:42 AM
Thanks Christopher. At this point I'm not sure. The war department,(my loving wife), decided to change all our stuff, phones, computers, etc., to wireless to save some $$ so our devices were down until that was accomplished. She says it's cheaper. Anyway so today I plan to jump back in and see. I know the Melodyne plugin is there but it's not in the plugins file with my digi plugs. I started a blank session but could not instantiate it as an insert.