PDA

View Full Version : Eucon in PT12

priorytools
01-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know if Eucon will work properly in Pro Tools 12 ?
It would be nice if all the basic work flow functionality we lost when Digidesign vanished & Avid took over & shoe horned Eucon into our lives, were reinstated so we could actually use the hardware WITH the software, get some product made, make some money & then… maybe then, we might make use of the "easy access to the Avid Store".

Is it me ?

Park Seward
01-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Since there are separate drivers for EuCon, it should work fine after they fix the compatibility with Yosemite. I'm waiting for the fix to work with my MC.

priorytools
01-24-2015, 03:41 PM
"It should work fine"
Park, no offence, but you're missing the point.
I think what you mean is it'll be seen by pro tools & won't crash.
What I mean is: even in that scenario it doesn't do what we need it to do
:-)

TimNielsen
01-25-2015, 08:18 PM
I mean, since EuCon has NEVER worked right, not in one version since it's inception, I'm not sure why anyone would ever assume it will 'ever' work properly.

Eric Lambert
01-26-2015, 07:26 AM
What are the issues you're seeing?

My controllers have been flaky (loses sync, fader response can be terrible at times) but I'm wondering what's common to others.

priorytools
01-26-2015, 07:35 AM
What are the issues you're seeing?

My controllers have been flaky (loses sync, fader response can be terrible at times) but I'm wondering what's common to others.

Hi Eric.
Primarily the issue is that Pro Tools' mix & edit screens don't follow the banking performed on the hardware surface . . You do see the blue outline of the surface active faders in the Pro Tools windows, in my case 8 of them. . But when you bank to channels not visible on the screen it doesn't follow.
Say I can see 16 faders on the screen for example, but have 32 channels in the session, if I bank up to faders 17 onwards the screen doesn't move along accordingly. . Pre Eucon this was never a problem, so for people who have moved to a Eucon surface from any earlier Digidesign surface this is an extremely annoying intuition.

Jtmedit
01-26-2015, 12:28 PM
Since there are separate drivers for EuCon, it should work fine after they fix the compatibility with Yosemite. I'm waiting for the fix to work with my MC.

Hi,

I see you are running PT 11.3 and MacOS X 10.10.1 and also Artist control with Eucon 3.2.1. Does it work?

TimNielsen
01-26-2015, 04:39 PM
My issues have been myriad. Examples:

ProTools refuses to see and talk to Mix and Control on startup, requires several power cycles of the units to get them to 'stick'

At various times, hitting EQ simple no longer works, won't call up EQ settings.

Graphic corruption on the OLED panels require restarts.

Circular Panner cannot control Square Panner in PT cannot pan into the corner!!!

The main problem people seem to have is reliable connectivity. Once mine are locked on, they stick 'most' of the time. But lots of people have had nightmares where they simply can't get their Artist series to talk to PT

Park Seward
01-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Hi,

I see you are running PT 11.3 and MacOS X 10.10.1 and also Artist control with Eucon 3.2.1. Does it work?

Not 100%. They need to update for Yosemite. They are aware of the issue

Park Seward
01-27-2015, 03:12 PM

Yosemite needs new drivers to work. I am not listing all the features or all the misses in the software. I'd expect operationally to Be in line the last version that "worked".