PDA

View Full Version : How To Re- Scan Plugins Pro Tools 11?

1racerx
01-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Hi,
Just upgraded to pt 11 and was wondering if there was a way to force the program to re-scan the plugins folder? It would appear that upon loading up pt may be doing a scan, but what if that isn't working? I'm not even getting error messages anymore for meta/ddmf or bluecat. These plugins though in the folder, aren't showing up in pro tools. I'm wondering if pt is just not seeing them. Anyways.. pre-Thx for any replies. :-)

PC Win 7 64

Meads
01-02-2015, 09:53 AM
Trash your preferences to trigger a complete rescan.

1racerx
01-02-2015, 11:20 AM
Trash your preferences to trigger a complete rescan.

Thanks for the reply.
I've changed a bunch of stuff, but nothing. Is there a specific change you can think of? I say that because there isn't exactly a reset to default button for all those changes in "preferences", save the dialog reset, and I'd hate to fix one problem while creating 40 more. lol.. I guess I could write down every change I made.. :eek: lol

Southsidemusic
01-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the reply.
I've changed a bunch of stuff, but nothing. Is there a specific change you can think of? I say that because there isn't exactly a reset to default button for all those changes in "preferences", save the dialog reset, and I'd hate to fix one problem while creating 40 more. lol.. I guess I could write down every change I made.. :eek: lol

Trash these files here:

com.digidesign.protools.plist

com.avid.ProTools.plist

That will force PT to reload all the plugins you have installed and it will take a few minutes and even stop once, if that happens just click OK and restart PT and it will pick up where it left off regarding reloading plugins :-)

Best Regards
Christopher

BigJohnD
01-02-2015, 11:42 AM
What format are the missing plug-ins?

Southsidemusic
01-02-2015, 11:48 AM
What format are the missing plug-ins?

Good question..

You need to have AAX64 bit versions of all your plugins and if you had it working in PT10 for example those won't work in PT11, Only AAX64 bit works in PT11

Christopher

musicman691
01-03-2015, 04:52 AM
Trash these files here:

com.digidesign.protools.plist

com.avid.ProTools.plist

That will force PT to reload all the plugins you have installed and it will take a few minutes and even stop once, if that happens just click OK and restart PT and it will pick up where it left off regarding reloading plugins :-)

Best Regards
Christopher
Or search the DUC for Trasher. Easier than trying to find the relevant files to delete.

1racerx
01-03-2015, 07:31 AM
All helpful. But the solution I found was just to download and install PT 10.3.9. Everything works now. I'm assuming that third party plugin wrappers have not caught up to PT 11, and PT 11 may still have a few bugs.
Thanks again for all your input guys! :-)

musicman691
01-03-2015, 01:23 PM
All helpful. But the solution I found was just to download and install PT 10.3.9. Everything works now. I'm assuming that third party plugin wrappers have not caught up to PT 11, and PT 11 may still have a few bugs.
Thanks again for all your input guys! :-)
Third party wrappers are not allowed by Avid. Sugarbytes had one and was forced to withdraw it by Avid and I'll not get into the whys and wherefors for the reasoning. There are hosts which are different. Blue Cat Audio has MB7-2 and Patchwork. For a lot more money there's always VEPro 5.

Benny_Cha_Cha
01-03-2015, 06:24 PM
If you trash the file called "InstalledAAXPlugins" located at ~/Library/Preferences/Avid/Pro Tools , PT will rescan your plugins when you launch the app. A nice bit of tech support courtesy of Steven Massey.

1racerx
01-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Third party wrappers are not allowed by Avid.

Well maybe avid should re-think their business strategy before they end up going broke. The fact that PT 11 won't allow other plugins, and comes with super g*y techno drum machines means: when this version that I've recently bought starts getting old and can't keep up with this "guitar players" needs. I'll be going back to Steinberg. (Thanks for shopping...) I can't believe they sell this program at "Guitar"center. lol :p

musicman691
01-07-2015, 02:03 PM
Well maybe avid should re-think their business strategy before they end up going broke. The fact that PT 11 won't allow other plugins, and comes with super g*y techno drum machines means: when this version that I've recently bought starts getting old and can't keep up with this "guitar players" needs. I'll be going back to Steinberg. (Thanks for shopping...) I can't believe they sell this program at "Guitar"center. lol :p
Nobody actually buys software at GC. All they're good for is guitar strings and cables. PT does allow other plugins you just have to get host software to use them.

What 'super-geeky techno drum machine' are you talking about in PT? Just because a plugin comes with PT doesn't mean you have to use it. Find another drum program that suits you. PT will more than keep up with your needs - you just have to work within it's framework as many have before you.

Keepsound
01-21-2016, 05:14 PM
Little app that hide/unhide the Users Library folder, sets permission to the AAX Plug-ins folder, removes the plugins preference file and open all the folder above and the trash folder (where you'll find the removed preference file).
For the permissions of the AAX folder you have to insert your system password.

https://app.box.com/s/akjb7ma4bbpxf1p610abz2i2sfumzar9

For OSX only, Vers 1.3. Runs also on elCapitan. (build on it).
Works on PT 11 and 12

Senio
01-22-2016, 01:42 AM
Little app that hide/unhide the Users Library folder, sets permission to the AAX Plug-ins folder, removes the plugins preference file and open all the folder above and the trash folder (where you'll find the removed preference file).
For the permissions of the AAX folder you have to insert your system password.

https://app.box.com/s/akjb7ma4bbpxf1p610abz2i2sfumzar9

For OSX only, Vers 1.3. Runs also on elCapitan. (build on it).
Works on PT 11 and 12

Awesome!!! Thank you!