PDA

View Full Version : Xpand! 2 has gone missing

bigbaddog
12-17-2014, 04:38 PM
I am using Mac OS X 10.6.8, Mbox2 pro, Pro Tool 8.5 I recently had to have my Mac formatted back to Snow Leopard after making the big mistake of updating to Yosemite! In doing so I had to reinstall my Pro Tools which had been upgraded from ver 7 to 8.5, with the original upgrade I had a free upgrade of Xpand! to Xpand! 2. This is a nice plug in which I used quite a bit. Now Expand! 2 does not show up in my Instrument drop down menue, but Expand! does. I can see the Xpand2.big file in the Pro Tool Creative Collection on my hard drive but I can't seem to make it work! HELP....:confused:

Southsidemusic
12-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi

Can you look and see if you have the Xpand2! plugin in this folder:

"XPand!2.aaxplugin" should be in /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins

and report back.

Also chech this webpage:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/troubleshooting/Virtual-Instruments-missing-after-Pro-Tools-install

Best Regards
Christopher

bigbaddog
12-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi there, Xpand2 is not at the end of the "XPand!2.aaxplugin" /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/Plug-Ins chain.

I did find:

Applications/Digidesign/Pro Tools Creative Collection/Xpand2/Zpand2.big

I had a look at the link that you attached

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/t...-Tools-install

and was wondering can I reinstall Pro Tools 8 over top of my existing copy making sure that I have the Creative Collection option enabled and will that then overwrite Xpand! giving me Xpand2?

Thank you for your help.

Southsidemusic
12-18-2014, 06:16 PM
Yes I would definately do a reinstall. Run the installer again and make sure you have every option you need ticked. Let us know how you get on,

Best Regards
Christopher

bigbaddog
12-19-2014, 03:16 PM
Reinstall was successful. I now have Xpand2 back. I didn't realize how much I had come to rely on it. Thank you for your help. Cheers.

Southsidemusic
12-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Reinstall was successful. I now have Xpand2 back. I didn't realize how much I had come to rely on it. Thank you for your help. Cheers.

Glad to help and that you are up and running again :-)

Best Regards
Christopher