PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to use Amplitube 3 on a stereo aux track?

jakedavis
11-07-2014, 10:54 AM
My question: Is it possible to set up Amplitube 3 on a stereo aux track so that you can bus multiple guitars to it at once (thereby saving processing on guitar doubles and such where you would have the same fx).

I've done it with both the multi-channel and multi-mono plugs and they each present their own problem.

Multi-Mono: Only things on the left side go through the plug (pedals and amp and all). Anything bussing in from the right will come through dry. Doesn't even really make sense.

Multi-Channel: Things will come in from the left and right effected, but will all be panned center, regardless of being panned hard left and right on the stereo aux itself.

If anyone knows how to solve this problem I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Glenjb
11-07-2014, 11:06 AM
IIRC, amplitube is set up for processing a mono guitar going in, not stereo signals. So things get a little weird when doing what you are describing.

TOM@METRO
11-08-2014, 01:07 PM
⇧⇧ That! ⇧⇧

Ben Jenssen
11-09-2014, 02:00 PM
IIRC, amplitube is set up for processing a mono guitar going in, not stereo signals. So things get a little weird when doing what you are describing.
One workaround would be to make two mono AUXes and insert mono Amplitubes on them. Of course you would have to duplicate their settings. And then send bussed signals to them via a stereo bus.