PDA

View Full Version : Plugin management.

Terry Wetzel
10-21-2014, 05:51 AM
Hi guys. As I understand, it is possible to use other than RTAS plugins with Pro Tools 9 but it has to be done via a "Wrapper". Can anyone explain this procedure to me? I have Reaper and I have seen here on the forums that it can be used as a host so to speak in this context. Thanks.

YYR123
10-21-2014, 06:43 AM
http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=31

Terry Wetzel
10-22-2014, 05:53 AM
Thanks YYR123 for the info but, I'm on PT's 9 and if I read the info correctly I don't think the downloads described are compatible. Is there another way that will work with PT's 9? Thanks.

YYR123
10-22-2014, 06:10 AM
PT9 uses RTAS ! Let me read the page hold on

YYR123
10-22-2014, 06:14 AM
Yeah it says this also down under general compatability

RTAS Adapter v2.0 works only in versions 7 to 10 of Pro Tools - it is not compatible with any version prior to v7 and is not

bradch00
10-22-2014, 08:49 AM
I used the VST to RTAS wrapper for some "couldn't live without plugs" and it worked fine up to PT11. Some have had issues with it but it's worked fine for me.

musicman691
10-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Hi guys. As I understand, it is possible to use other than RTAS plugins with Pro Tools 9 but it has to be done via a "Wrapper". Can anyone explain this procedure to me? I have Reaper and I have seen here on the forums that it can be used as a host so to speak in this context. Thanks.
The fxpansion wrapper is buggy for some and development/bug fixes is no more from the developer. I'd sooner user either Blue Cat Audio MB7-2 or patchwork instead. The BC programs are not wrappers but hosts. Big difference.

bradch00
10-22-2014, 05:26 PM
The fxpansion wrapper is buggy for some and development/bug fixes is no more from the developer. I'd sooner user either Blue Cat Audio MB7-2 or patchwork instead. The BC programs are not wrappers but hosts. Big difference.
+1 for Blue Cat Audio MB7-2

Terry Wetzel
10-23-2014, 05:51 AM
Thanks guys but as usual the responses received didn't address my original question which was, How to use another program such as Reaper to enable access to plugins other than RTAS. Please don't think me ungrateful but most info offered was really to complicated for my damaged brain to comprehend. :confused:

musicman691
10-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Thanks guys but as usual the responses received didn't address my original question which was, How to use another program such as Reaper to enable access to plugins other than RTAS. Please don't think me ungrateful but most info offered was really to complicated for my damaged brain to comprehend. :confused:
We gave you easier ways to host non-RTAS plugins than trying to rewire Reaper into PT. Rewire and routing can be a hassle if you don't pay attention. With MB7-2 it becomes super easy. You just insert MB7-2 in any insert slot, open the gui, set to one band, and insert the vst or au (if on a Mac for instance) in MB7-2 and you're done. No routing to worry about. Now if you're using MB7-2 to host a vi then in the PT Edit window enable viewing Instruments and make the routing to the input of MB7-2 there. Simple concepts, really, that anyone can understand.

Glenjb
10-23-2014, 08:50 AM
We gave you easier ways to host non-RTAS plugins than trying to rewire Reaper into PT. Rewire and routing can be a hassle if you don't pay attention.

Also rewiring Reaper is only good for Virtual Instrument Plugins, not effects.

P.S. DDMF Metaplugin, another host, has just been released in RTAS
http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3

Terry Wetzel
10-24-2014, 05:46 AM
Thanks Glenjb and musicman 691 for your help.