PDA

View Full Version : Massey L2007

TC_TC_TC
10-17-2014, 10:37 PM
Has anyone used the Massey L2007 Mastering Limiter ??? It's supposed to be the Best !!! I use the Waves L2 & L3 and thing they're Awesome. [emoji344]

Craig F
10-18-2014, 12:32 AM
it's the best for the price
the best is the mythical in GML

SteveSZ
10-18-2014, 09:31 AM
I use the L2007, and while I can't compare it to Waves L2 or L3 it is the best sounding one I have come across. It's clean and doesn't sound like it's pressing too hard.

Mitch Griffin
10-18-2014, 04:35 PM
I would highly recommend buying the whole lot of Massey plug-ins. Very useful, not CPU hogs, inexpensive, and the after care for users is great. I paid, I think, $35 for the AAX upgrade............uhhhh? Who does that!?

WKG
10-18-2014, 04:54 PM
I would highly recommend buying the whole lot of Massey plug-ins. Very useful, not CPU hogs, inexpensive, and the after care for users is great. I paid, I think, $35 for the AAX upgrade............uhhhh? Who does that!?

Almost all AAX upgrades by most manufacturers have been at no cost to users and available much sooner. Not that I mind paying a nominal fee of course.

Slate and Massey are the tail draggers in the AAX world.

BTW I do like the Massey plugins very much and the L2007 used to be one of my most used plugins.

rantanplan
10-19-2014, 12:33 PM
It's really great, not only for the price. And it's also TDM (if this is of any use for you)...
Just check it out!

I'm using it on almost every subgroup.

For great sounding in the sense of no artifacts, TC brickwall limiter is the best.

P.S.: Massey De-Esser is the only de-esser I'm using...

TC_TC_TC
10-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Thanks everyone for the input

TC_TC_TC
10-21-2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks everyone for the input

Almost all AAX upgrades by most manufacturers have been at no cost to users and available much sooner. Not that I mind paying a nominal fee of course.

Slate and Massey are the tail draggers in the AAX world.

BTW I do like the Massey plugins very much and the L2007 used to be one of my most used plugins.

groundcontrol
10-21-2014, 12:16 PM
it's the best for the price
the best is the mythical in GML

As has been mentioned on many occasions lately, the current cream of the crop is FabFilter Pro-L, Nugen ISL, Flux Pure Limiter and Avid Pro Limiter. (In that general order, accounting for personal taste...)

For post, Avid Pro Lim is well loved since it's the only top performer AAX-dsp limiter.

While in any way a slouch, L2007 is not as cutting edge as it once (and for long at that!) was. However it is still both a useful tool and relatively good value (arguably more so than Waves L-series).

I think that's what Craig might also have been refering to...