PDA

View Full Version : Importing new Plug-ins, VI's, and samples into Pro Tools

Burkhartj12904
09-24-2014, 09:34 AM
I have recently been downloading bundles of free plug-ins and a few virtual instruments. I continuously have problems importing them into Pro Tools to utilize them. When I dowloaded the Blue Cat bundle it had all the plug-ins ready to be dropped into an RTAS folder that put them right into Pro Tools. With other bundles I went to my library> Application support>Digidesign >Plug Ins and dropped them in but, they do not appear when I browse my Plug-Ins. Please help!!!!

musicman691
09-25-2014, 05:23 AM
I have recently been downloading bundles of free plug-ins and a few virtual instruments. I continuously have problems importing them into Pro Tools to utilize them. When I dowloaded the Blue Cat bundle it had all the plug-ins ready to be dropped into an RTAS folder that put them right into Pro Tools. With other bundles I went to my library> Application support>Digidesign >Plug Ins and dropped them in but, they do not appear when I browse my Plug-Ins. Please help!!!!
Your sig file says you're running PT11 - if you are then you can't run RTAS plugins. You need aax 64 plugins. Or Blue Cat MB7-2 or Patchwork to host the vst versions of your plugins that don't have aax64 versions. But they have to be 64 bit or 32 bit and jbridgeMac to run in PT11.