PDA

View Full Version : NI updates dropping RTAS support

musicman691
09-17-2014, 04:29 AM
Just a note to all that use Native Instruments stuff. In the process of updating their software to work with the new controller keyboard coming with Komplete 10 NI is dropping RTAS support for some of their stuff. Right now Kontakt 5, Battery 4 and possibly Reaktor 5 with the latest updates just out this month have dropped RTAS support. I have the feeling that more NI product will do the same.

So message to all that sue NI product:
Beware the updates or you may/will lose RTAS capability.

YYR123
09-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Thanks

musicman691
09-22-2014, 05:17 AM
This is a good news update:
When I do drums in a session I routinely go back to PT10.3.9 so I can use BFD2 and get individual audio outputs for each drum which you can't do in PT11 hosting BFD2 inside MB7-2 or Patchwork; if you can I haven't figured that out. Since I had PT10 fired up I created a blank session and put in a couple of instances of Kontakt. As we all know PT10 uses both RTAS and aax. Kontakt instantiated and worked perfectly. Saved the session and quit PT.

Looked in the plugins folder in the Digidesign folder and noticed I still had the .dpm/RTAS version of K5. And of course in the Avid plugins folder I had the aax version of K5. Moved the aax version to the unused plugins folder and re-opened the session and K5 worked perfectly with the RTAS version. Put the aax version back in the used plugins folder and moved the .dpm/RTAS version to the unused plugins folder (PT shut down of course). Re-opened PT and the session and everything ran as it should with PT picking up K5.

Apparently when doing the update it does NOT wipe out the existing RTAS version of the plugin. This is good news.