PDA

View Full Version : MC PRO price?

LDS
08-14-2014, 12:53 AM
Hey ladies and gents,

There is an MC Pro available second hand locally that has tickled my interests. I currently use artist series controllers but am considering an upgrade.

What is a fair price for an Euphonix branded MC Pro in good nick? I've been looking online and prices seem to vary wildly! Am I correct in thinking that they have been discontinued?

Also, ebay has a bunch of 8 fader 5MC's kicking around. They are described as 5MC/MC Pro. Does this mean an MC PRO could be expanded into a 5MC by adding an 8 fader bucket?

For some reason I thought 5MC desks were digital consoles rather than controllers, but I could be confusing it with a previous euphonix desk.

Steven1145
08-17-2014, 04:24 AM
Hi, you can expand any MC pro with 408T fader modules. Please note that If you buy used 408 from a S5 console, the modules need to be flashed as the OS for S5-MC is different than that of the S5.

The MC Pro used to be priced around 17 000 € if I remember correctly, I'd say that for a used one in good condition without power supply issues a fair price would be anywhere around 7 000 €.

Mike Hybrid
08-20-2014, 06:37 AM
The System 5-MCs are controllers only, the more expensive S5 Fusion and flagship System 5 are the monsters that have actual audio processing. As Steven said, you can indeed add a CM408T bucket of 8 faders to an MC Pro but through experience, you can't use the CM408's with the larger knobs found in older Systems 5s as they have different software requirements. I've seen a couple of MC Pros over the years go for €6-9k but even an 8-16 fader 5-MC with the frame beats it every time. Also I have only ever seen one CM408T for sale in the past few years, they're pretty rare unless they come as part of a 5-MC system. Hope that helps...