PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to paste automation of midi to audio track?

Kinh
07-29-2014, 10:00 AM
So far I haven't been able to do this. I can only do it from one midi track to another. Can it be done in Pro tools 11?
...Copy/paste volume automation of midi track to volume of audio track.

Glenjb
07-29-2014, 11:13 AM
So far I haven't been able to do this. I can only do it from one midi track to another. Can it be done in Pro tools 11?
...Copy/paste volume automation of midi track to volume of audio track.

I'm pretty sure this is not possible in PT

albee1952
07-29-2014, 12:59 PM
The problem with a MIDI track is, the volume is for midi, and NOT for audio. If you use an INSTRUMENT track and automate the audio volume, that CAN be copied to, or pasted from an audio track.

Kinh
07-29-2014, 08:50 PM
The problem with a MIDI track is, the volume is for midi, and NOT for audio. If you use an INSTRUMENT track and automate the audio volume, that CAN be copied to, or pasted from an audio track.

Yes, but this only copies to midi volume of instrument track.

Stereo Missile
07-29-2014, 11:02 PM
Instrument tracks have both MIDI volume and Audio volume available as separate automation tracks. So you can copy Audio volume information from an instrument track to an audio track, but not MIDI volume. The reason being of course, that MIDI volume is just a MIDI data value of 0-127, whereas audio volume is represented in dB from -infinity -> +12 dB. So you could not just copy a value from one to the other, they represent different value scales.

:)