PDA

View Full Version : Native Instruments Plugins Not Listed in Inserts

cjansson77
07-14-2014, 09:50 PM
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help me figure out how to get my plugin's back. Ever since I upgraded to PT11 (used to have 9), my NI plugins disappeared from my inserts menu. Here's my setup:

I'm using a fairly new Macbook Pro running OS X Mavericks, w/ a 2.8 GHz Intel Core. I have Pro Tools 11 installed, and I use an M-Audio Fast Track Pro as my interface. Also, I am connected to a Mercury Elite-AL Pro external drive with a FW800 cable.

Like I said, I used to have access to my NI plugins (specifically Maschine and Guitar Rig 5), but after I updated to PT11, they disappeared from my inserts. The same thing happened with Melodyne, but all I had to do was reinstall that, problem solved. However, a simple reinstall didn't work for either Maschine or Guitar Rig 5. What's the next step? Thanks in advance.

Darryl Ramm
07-14-2014, 09:54 PM
You need to read release and install documentation.

Pro Tools 11 does not support RTAS or AAX-32 plugins, only AAX-64. You need to upgrade all third party plugins to AAX-64 to use with Pro Tools 11. You have to check whatever plugin version you are installing is specifically AAX-64 (and also compatible with your OS version etc.).