PDA

View Full Version : Lost all plugins after using Tech Support Utility to delete prefs & databases

Kevbasskeys
05-06-2014, 02:57 AM
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm in the right category. I am currently using Pro Tools 8.0.4 with an Mbox2 mini on a mac mini 2.53 GHz Intel Core Duo. Recently I have been having issues with pops and clicks. After reading everything posted in various threads (I tried everything, changing buffer size, processor # & %, etc…) I finally decided to try using the tech support utility to delete all prefs & databases.

I was absolutely HORRIFIED to reopen protools afterwards, only to find out that ALL of my plugins that came with pro tools when I installed the program (audio suite, all the basic EQ, dynamics, etc…) were all gone!!! I checked my plug-ins folder and found it empty. In my unused plugins folder there are 4 there, BF essential tuner, dynamics II, EQ II, funk logic mastered, and that's IT.

What happened to all of my plugins and more importantly, how can I reinstall them? I've looked all over the digidesign website to try to find the plug in installer and all I can find is the plug in updater…any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

DetroitT
05-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Pleas follow the "help us help you" guidelines at the top of this page.

TOM@METRO
05-11-2014, 08:35 PM
If these plug-ins are the stock plug-ins, you can simply re-install using the installer's utility.

Remember to always image your working system drive before making any changes to it.

Terry Wetzel
07-09-2014, 05:28 AM
I don't know if what I'm experiencing is the same as the one posted by the op but it is certainly similar. There is a You tube video describing the method of trashing preferences that clearly states to delete the DAE folder. Well I have just found that the DAE folder contains a sub folder called DAE Prefs. That's the one you should delete! In my case the main DAE folder held most of my plugins! I guess the best solution to this problem would be to keep the plugins in a different drive. I hope this helps. :-)

Bmedia
07-09-2014, 12:40 PM
The best if you made a backup copy from the folders where you try to magic. I prefer the osx built in zip compression, it can made an arichive from the folder without change the content.