PDA

View Full Version : M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R problems

Darklord
04-23-2014, 06:39 AM
Hi All.

I am new to this forum and I need help. So far Avid have not been able to help much at all.
I have Pro Tools 11 and I am using the interface M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R all running on my new iMac which has an operating system OSX 10.9.2

The issue is clicks and pops on audio recorded via mic. DI is a bit better and Midi seem not to be a problem.
I have updated drivers, supplied Avid with a full system report and no matter what, I am still having issues. I have surge protectors on the plugs, a whole set of new cables, new mics.

From what I can understand from Avid, it's some sort of issue with the new Macs and Avid's software not communicating.
Has anyone got any work arounds they can suggest or best of all, solutions?

cwsand
04-23-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi All.

I am new to this forum and I need help. So far Avid have not been able to help much at all.
I have Pro Tools 11 and I am using the interface M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8R all running on my new iMac which has an operating system OSX 10.9.2

The issue is clicks and pops on audio recorded via mic. DI is a bit better and Midi seem not to be a problem.
I have updated drivers, supplied Avid with a full system report and no matter what, I am still having issues. I have surge protectors on the plugs, a whole set of new cables, new mics.

Hi, start here:

Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting! (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050)

and make sure you go through all the Optimizations and Troubleshooting.

It might be helpful if you could post an audio sample with the clicks/pops.

From what I can understand from Avid, it's some sort of issue with the new Macs and Avid's software not communicating.
Has anyone got any work arounds they can suggest or best of all, solutions?

This doesn't make sense - are you sure they didn't mean a communication issue between the Mac and the Fast Track Ultra? Have you tried a different cable from the Fast Track Ultra to the Mac? What buffer are you recording with?