PDA

View Full Version : Tascam DM 3200 issue with Pro Tools 11 ASIO Properties Changed HELP!!!

peterjayrolle
03-28-2014, 08:34 AM
I recently purchased a Tascam DM 3200 and I'm trying to get it working with Pro Tools 11. I'm positive that the internal clock of the Tascam is set to the sample rate of the sessions I'm trying to open, which is 48kHz. I don't have anything else open. I've tried disconnecting from the internet. Everytime I open the session I get the "ASIO's properties have been changed.." error message. It gets even worse when I try to set up the HUI settings. Some people suggest that I try the legacy version of the driver but my firewire driver that I installed in the PC does not have a "Legacy" version.

I really need help here. Has anyone managed to fix this?

29CountsNY
03-28-2014, 10:31 AM
It definitely works.
Have you tried to create a blank session and see if that opens without issue?
Other thing is to hold control-N when opening Pro Tools. It will launch to the playback engine screen and you can select the interface and then restart pro tools and see if the settings stick.
I had to do this a few times before it stuck but was fine after that.
Also you have to go into the Projects menu on the DM and then the clock tab and you can see what your sample rate is set to. Also on the upper left of the mixer will be a red light that will be lit next to the sample rate that the DM is set to.
Once you get it running it is a pretty powerful setup!!!

peterjayrolle
03-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'll try the Ctrl+N method. I believe that's the only thing I haven't tried lol.

So if I wanted to open a new session at 96kHZ i would have to go through the whole thing over again when I open my older files?

29CountsNY
03-28-2014, 11:49 AM
No once you get it setup properly and the settings 'stick', if you want to change sample rates, from what I have found, the best thing to do is close pro tools and switch the sample rate on the DM and then open pro tools again and it will pick up the sample rate of the DM.

I have never had luck with switching sample rates in Pro Tools with the DM when it is connected via firewire. It usually crashes Pro Tools. So if i wanted to jump from a 48k session to a 96k session I would quit pro Tools, then on the DM select the project (template or whatever you would like to call it on the DM) with the proper sample rate I am looking for then reopen Pro Tools and then open my Pro Tools session.

It is best to create these Project/Templates with all I/O and sample rate setup on the DM. I have 4 DM projects setup for the different sample rates. I create a DM template with all my I/O and routing setup then I save it via the Projects screen on the DM. I then go in and change the sample rate on the DM and resave the DM project under a new name and I do this for 44.1K through 96K. I have had the DM3200 for about 6 or 7 years now and this method has worked well for me.

If you got questions, ask away, I'll do what I can to get you going.

peterjayrolle
03-28-2014, 07:16 PM
It worked! apparently it just needed to "stick"!! Thanks for the help.

However I ran into another problem lol. Im trying to get the HUI midi controls to work. In the Machine ctrl and ext. ctrl on the DM the state shows an "X". I noticed that when I tried to set up the peripherals to the port 5 and 6 and noticed that they now only show one thing "IF-FW/DM mkII MIDI Port".

Any advice?

29CountsNY
03-28-2014, 07:20 PM
If it only shows the FireWire midi port then the USB cable must be disconnected.
You should see a port for MTC and others.
I would check the USB connection first.

peterjayrolle
03-28-2014, 07:26 PM
the usb is connected but its still showsing the "X". would it have anything to do with the TMC Companion preferences? Right now I have the "MTC In" unchecked

29CountsNY
03-28-2014, 07:31 PM
On the DM, same screen as the X, under TRA (I think) is there an empty circle?
I'm not in the studio right now but I will check my settings when I get back and try and post some screen shots.
You should still see like 6 or 7 midi connections in pro tools if the USB cable is connected.
By any chance have you made sure that the DM midi ports are enabled in pro tools?
I think it is under setup > midi > midi devices.

peterjayrolle
03-28-2014, 07:38 PM
It works!!! I almost cried tears of joy just now!! Thanks alot! I clicked Setup>Midi> then Input devices ..even though it showed all the devices were checked already. I guess just clicking on it was enough lol

29CountsNY
03-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Great!!!
Any questions feel free to PM me.

drguitar
10-31-2014, 09:19 PM
Are you able to use this an an interface for Pro Tools with USB? Or does it require firewire?

29CountsNY
10-31-2014, 10:14 PM
Requires FireWire to pass audio to pro tools.

drguitar
11-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Thanks. Darn. I've got one that has two ADAT cards but not the FW. Would have been fun to try out. Oh well.