PDA

View Full Version : Sonic NoNoise Compatibility in PT10 & 11

jaysound55
02-03-2014, 11:04 AM
I'm a dialogue editor and rely on Sonic Solutions NoNoise plugins as one of my primary tools. I literally depend on the Manual DeClicker plugin and wouldn't be able to do my job nearly as well or efficiently without it.

I'm still using PT9/HD because I've "heard" that the NoNoise plugins will not work with a later version of Pro Tools. I can't seem to find a straight answer as to whether or not this is true other than Sonic Solutions hasn't updated their Pro Tools plugins package in a few years.

Since cutting dialogue is fine on Pro Tools 9, I've been in no hurry to upgrade, but I'm about ready to take the plunge to 10 or 11 if the NoNoise plugins (especially the Manual DeClicker) will work.

Can anybody address please this please, and give me a straight answer?

Thanks!

crizdee
02-03-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm a dialogue editor and rely on Sonic Solutions NoNoise plugins as one of my primary tools. I literally depend on the Manual DeClicker plugin and wouldn't be able to do my job nearly as well or efficiently without it.

I'm still using PT9/HD because I've "heard" that the NoNoise plugins will not work with a later version of Pro Tools. I can't seem to find a straight answer as to whether or not this is true other than Sonic Solutions hasn't updated their Pro Tools plugins package in a few years.

Since cutting dialogue is fine on Pro Tools 9, I've been in no hurry to upgrade, but I'm about ready to take the plunge to 10 or 11 if the NoNoise plugins (especially the Manual DeClicker) will work.

Can anybody address please this please, and give me a straight answer?

Thanks!

Hi,

Working fine on 10 as RTAS still! Don't know about 11 though. Don't think they are AAX yet

Chris

mgoorevich
02-04-2014, 01:55 PM
OK. Sonic Nonoise never existed as RTAS.
It works wonderful in Pro Tools 10 as intended in Audio Suite format.
So no problem to use DeCrackle and DeClicker with the exception of the known bug of incorrectly naming the newer regions.
But if you can live with it - it works perfect.
Being myself a dialogue editor and relying on DeCrackler, I eventually gave up on it, seeing no progress and the will in fixing bug by Avid.
I switched totally to iZotope RX3 Decrackler and made a presets e.g. Mouth Clicks Removal, Lavalier Clicks e.t.c. It works fine. The rendering is a bit slower than in NoNoise, but its ok. With so many other useful tools in iZotope RX3, I can say DeCrackler is a replacement for NoNoise.
I struggled here for many years in order to force Avid to update NoNoise…but it doesn't seem to happen unfortunately.

Don't rush to upgrade to Pro Tools 11. It is still not ready for post.
Please see in Post Production section a long thread about the video engine in PT 11.
The current version of NoNoise is not supported in PT11 or AAX 64 Bit.

jaysound55
02-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Thanks all. Now if I can just find a reasonably priced PT HD10 upgrade....

Dream on...:p

JAY

mgoorevich
02-04-2014, 10:53 PM
Thanks all. Now if I can just find a reasonably priced PT HD10 upgrade....

Dream on...:p

JAY

Even though PT11 is not ready for post, you may want to buy it anyways for the future proof as PT HD11 contains also HD10 in it.
So you can work on 10 while waiting when Avid folks will sort out all the bugs in 11.

crizdee
02-07-2014, 05:45 AM
Hi,

Working fine on 10 as RTAS still! Don't know about 11 though. Don't think they are AAX yet

Chris

Hi,

Yep sorry my bad! Works fine in 10 as TDM and audiosuite

(Unusual to have audio suite and not real time audio suite!) nice to be able to use DSP hooray:D

Chris