PDA

View Full Version : Protools Express 10.3.3 and Native Instruments FM8 on Mavericks

GraemeC
01-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Hi folks,

I know this question has probably been asked a million times, but I've just purchased an M-Audio M-Track Quad which came with Protools Express 10.3.3 (which I think is the latest version, according to the Update option).

I have Protools Express running on a MacBook Pro running 10.9.1 (Mavericks).

I also have Native Instruments FM8 installed on my machine (fully updated).

However, when I start Protools Express, the following message appears:

"Pro tools could not load the following plug-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the ilok key was not connected or the plug-in was damaged:

FM8.aaxplugin"

So, it appears I cannot use FM8 with Protools Express on Mac OSX 10.9.1 - is this correct, or is there a way around this? Is this a known issue? Is it because Protools Express isn't fully supported on Mavericks yet? Google doesn't appear to have the answer (and I can't find any other FM8 issues in this forum).

Ideally, I would prefer not to uninstall/reinstall drivers but, if that's necessary, I can give it a go.

Cheers,

Graeme

Craig F
01-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Firstly, welcome to the forum

What is FM8? I don't recognize it

Do you have a license for it on your iLok?

GraemeC
01-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Hi Craig, thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

FM8 is a soft synth: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths-samplers/fm8/

It comes with a license separate to the iLok, although as far as I know (although I'm not an expert), it *should* work with Protools...but maybe not this version! (see http://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths-samplers/fm8/specifications/)

Thanks again

Graeme

Southsidemusic
01-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Try installing the rtas version and see if that helps,

Best
Christopher

jbrown7282
01-11-2014, 09:26 AM
Make sure you have fully authorized the app with the Native Instruments Service Center App