PDA

View Full Version : Amp Farm 3 Upgrade pricing??

Armando
01-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Hello,

I'm a licensed Amp Farm 2 owner but haven't been able to use it since upgrading to PT HD 8. I'd like to now upgrade to Amp Farm 3 but the upgrade pricing on the Avid Store is $595.00, which is the same pricing as an outright new purchase. This can't be right, can it?? I think I remember the upgrade pricing being a lot lower in the past.

Avid, can you please look into this and clear things up?

Thanks!

Armando
01-03-2014, 11:20 AM
Ok, just did a search on Google on this. The upgrade from AF 2 to AF 3 is $95.00.

So what to I need to do to get this taken care of with the Avid store folks?

Armando
01-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Wow!! No comment from the powers that be???

It's obvious the left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing here.

The silence is truly deafening.

John_Toolbox
01-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Okay, I see the problem. The store shows $595 for both upgrade and new purchase prices. Your second post led me to believe that you had found it in the store for $95. I will post this on the moderator boards so someone from avid can check in to this.

Drew Mazurek
01-10-2014, 01:13 AM
Armando,
I hope you sort out your problem and it looks like John_Toolbox is trying to take care of that.

I did want to make sure you know that you're upgrading a "dead" product that will never be updated or brought into the 64 bit world of PT11.

You will of course be able to use it forever in PT10 on TDM cards, but no other system.

Just making sure you know this before spending your money.

Some alternatives include:

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube/

or maybe Guitar Rig from NI.

Armando
01-10-2014, 01:48 AM
Hey thanks John and Drew!!

Hoping to hear from Avid soon and possibly get this resolved

I realize Amp Farm 3 is a "dead" product but for the time being

it's very useful.

Thanks again guys for chiming in!

Fidelis
01-18-2014, 08:40 AM
Hi Armando,

I just upgraded to HDX so I do have one amp farm 3 plugin to sell. If you have interest send me a message... I also have an echo farm and some tc plugins that only work on Tdm systems

roberts
01-18-2014, 10:02 AM
I did want to make sure you know that you're upgrading a "dead" product that will never be updated or brought into the 64 bit world of PT11.

You will of course be able to use it forever in PT10 on TDM cards, but no other system.

Works great on Venue as well . hardly a dead product line.
HDX is not really needed on Venue I have 4 cards in my Profile and I have tons of DSP. Plus the total lack of DSP AAX plugs vs. TDM plug-ins will make Venue a reliable & proven live platform for years to come

Drew Mazurek
01-18-2014, 10:13 AM
Works great on Venue as well . hardly a dead product line.
HDX is not really needed on Venue I have 4 cards in my Profile and I have tons of DSP. Plus the total lack of DSP AAX plugs vs. TDM plug-ins will make Venue a reliable & proven live platform for years to come

Dead in the sense that no further development or updates are taking place.

SL3 uses an HDX card if that tells you anything about the future.

Armando
01-23-2014, 08:40 AM
Drew or John,

Haven't heard anything back on this from AVID or AVID store.....Is there any chance this will be corrected or.....???

Thanks!!

Armando
01-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Actually I just checked the Avid store to see if this has been corrected. Now it looks like the "upgrade" option has been removed from the purchasing options.

Does this mean Amp Farm 3 will NOT be offered from the Avid store as an upgrade for Amp Farm 2 owners???

Drew Mazurek
01-23-2014, 04:45 PM
Actually I just checked the Avid store to see if this has been corrected. Now it looks like the "upgrade" option has been removed from the purchasing options.

Does this mean Amp Farm 3 will NOT be offered from the Avid store as an upgrade for Amp Farm 2 owners???

Not sure yet Armando.

I know John has been trying to get you help.

They removed the bad pricing for the upgrade so at least that part wouldn't confuse users but we're still waiting for further info.

Armando
01-24-2014, 01:51 AM
Ok, thanks again Drew!

Armando
02-19-2014, 02:23 PM
Drew and or John,

I just visited the Avid store to see if anything has been done(adding an Amp Farm 2 to Amp Farm 3 upgrade). Nothing yet, although I tried "adding" Amp Farm 3 download to my shopping cart, which it added for the price of $595.00. I noticed there's also a box for a discount "Coupon Code".

Is there a way I can get a coupon code for this upgrade, since it seems like this could take a while? You can verify my Amp Farm 2 ownership(I assume via iLok.com or Avid/Digidesign registration.

In any case, I would appreciate it if you or someone could contact me about what I need to do at this point.

Thank you!!

Armando
941-993-5728

Drew Mazurek
02-19-2014, 02:36 PM
All I can tell you is to start a service ticket to see if you can get it resolved that way. Or just buy something else.

Both John and I tried to get something done for you but nothing happened. Sorry.

Armando
02-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Thanks for trying Drew! Man, I sure miss Digidesign...

John_Toolbox
02-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Hi Armando, sorry this didn't get resolved. As Drew said we never got an answer on this, so at this point I'd suggest checking the buy and sell section here for a used amp farm 3 ilok asset.

Fidelis
02-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Hi Armando! I do have one license to sell if you're interested. Send me a message on mosca @ me .com

antonis
02-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Hey Armando, I am in the same boat with you.

I have this Amp Farm HD license that is sitting doing nothing with my Pro Tools HD 8 rig.

If it is possible to update then Armando I will add a voice of support if at all necessary! :D

I am sure the moderators are one the case though! ; )

As a side note: Waves GTR TDM is pretty-pretty good, Eleven is nice. Amp Farm is different kettle of fish and I'd still like to use it as long as I can.