PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing AudioSuite Workflow

ilee
12-30-2013, 05:33 AM
Hi,

Due to issues I'm having with delay compensation whenever using pitch-correction or noise-reduction plugins, I'm limited to use such processes offline (i.e. via AudioSuite), until I'll upgrade my hardware & workstation.

Rendering these processes via AudioSuite works just fine, but I feel like I still haven't found the best and most efficient way to compensate for the destructive/not-easily-reversible aspects of working with AudioSuite as opposed to processing with real-time RTAS plugins.

At the moment I'm utilizing Playlists to keep track of the processes performed, and for being able to quickly revert back (or compare with) the original version of the material I'm processing.

I am wondering how other people do that? Any suggestions for a better AudioSuite workflow?

ilee
12-31-2013, 03:42 AM
78 views and no replies? What am I doing wrong? :rolleyes:

musicman691
12-31-2013, 04:20 AM
78 views and no replies? What am I doing wrong? :rolleyes:
First off it's near New Year's and not a lot of people are on that would deal with this on a regular basis.

Second - you're not doing anything wrong. People just have different workflows and there's no particular one that is better than another. Just use what works for you and you're confident with. For me I duplicate the track and work on the duplicate. I always seem to screw up with playlists. That's just me and my workflow and reason for doing it the way I do. May not be cool or use PT to it's fullest but it's how I do it.