PDA

View Full Version : Fast track pro: signal on output 2 while output level at 0

sbrunot
12-26-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm using Fast track pro, driver 1.9.4, on mac os X 10.9. I have a set of krk monitors connected to unbalanced output 1&2. When I set the output level knob to position 0 (no output), with the mix knob full right (no input monitoring), I'm still hearing sound on output 2... When I turn the output level knob to the right, I begin to hear sound on both outputs.

Is that expected ?

Thanks for your help.

Darryl Ramm
12-26-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm using Fast track pro, driver 1.9.4, on mac os X 10.9. I have a set of krk monitors connected to unbalanced output 1&2. When I set the output level knob to position 0 (no output), with the mix knob full right (no input monitoring), I'm still hearing sound on output 2... When I turn the output level knob to the right, I begin to hear sound on both outputs.

Is that expected ?

Thanks for your help.

Probably not expected. But depends on exally how low the level is you can make out on output 2.

Does this happen on headphones as well? If not it's likely faulty hardware and likely not worth repairing.

First unplug anything else connected to any of the other outputs on the interface. Then swap the L/R monitors with output 1 and 2 and confirm the problem stays with output 2.

it is probably worth checking the IO is not messed up in Pro Tools. I assume you are using Pro Tools, if not speak up. With the Fast Track Pro selected as the playback engine create a new empty session. Go to Setup>IO and on each page (input, output, bus) click the default button. Now create a new stereo audio track. Drag one of your favorite iTunes audio file onto that track and play it back and play with the output knob on the interface. If the level on output 2 still remains too loud or the whole output is "off center" then your interface is likely faulty (and likely not worth repairing).

If you are handy with a soldering iron etc. then the obvious thing to check is whether this output level knob is a simple double ganged pot. If so it may just need replacing or some gentle abuse.