PDA

View Full Version : Plug-Ins Folder

jlysik8571
12-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Hey everyone-

I'm fairly new to ProTools 8 and so may just be doing something wrong. About a year ago, I purchased Antares AutoTune and installed it without an issue. However, due to virus issues I was having with my computer, I had to purchase a new hard drive and had ProTools reinstalled. So, when I tried to pull up AutoTune to use in a session, I was surprised to see that not only had AutoTune not been reinstalled, but the entire plug-ins folder did not exist within the Digidesign folder. All of the preset plug-ins existed in ProTools, but again, the folder was no where to be found. After running a computer search, I could not find it anywhere on the computer. Would reinstalling ProTools 8 remedy this problem? If not, what is the best solution?

Thanks!

crizdee
12-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Hey everyone-

I'm fairly new to ProTools 8 and so may just be doing something wrong. About a year ago, I purchased Antares AutoTune and installed it without an issue. However, due to virus issues I was having with my computer, I had to purchase a new hard drive and had ProTools reinstalled. So, when I tried to pull up AutoTune to use in a session, I was surprised to see that not only had AutoTune not been reinstalled, but the entire plug-ins folder did not exist within the Digidesign folder. All of the preset plug-ins existed in ProTools, but again, the folder was no where to be found. After running a computer search, I could not find it anywhere on the computer. Would reinstalling ProTools 8 remedy this problem? If not, what is the best solution?

Thanks!

Hi,

The plugins folder is in..

Mackintosh HD (System drive)>Library>Digidesign>plugins

When you install pro tools all the included plugins are installed along with it.

Any third party plugins (Like Antares) need to be downloaded from the antares website and installed separately. they will also install into the same plugins folder!!

Chris

jlysik8571
12-24-2013, 06:26 AM
I guess I wasn't clear with my original question... First off, I am running Microsoft Windows XP 2002 with Protools LE 8. My issue is that even when I go through the Digidesign folder, there is no "Plug-ins" folder. I've searched everywhere I can think of searching, and that "Plug-ins" folder does not seem to exist on my computer (I can, however, access the included plug-ins). Therefore, I can't access the third-party plug-ins. My question is, is there some place this folder may be hidden? If I were to uninstall and then reinstall ProTools would I be able to access it through the Digidesign folder?

mesaone
12-26-2013, 10:51 AM
RTAS plug-ins folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins

For many of your plugins, you should be able to just copy over the contents of each folder from your old hard drive, assuming the viruses you got yourself infected with have not corrupted or infected the entire drive. For the others, download the installers from your account at the manufacturer's website.