PDA

View Full Version : When bouncing song, Spark automatically starts to play even without midi notes

kirstencrom@gmail.com
12-17-2013, 02:02 PM
I am on Pro Tools 10 on a Mac. I am using Arturia Spark Drum Maschine as a plug in

It didn't used to do this, but whenever I hit play or the spacebar in Pro Tools, the Spark Plug In also plays. Before, it would just play when there were midi notes, not when I would push play in Pro Tools with out the Spark window up. This is annoying because I don't the drums to come in for several measures.

So I thought bouncing the mix would be fine because the drums would play when they were supposed to. But, I bounce, and right from the start of the bounce the drums start playing when there are no midi notes, and they don't stop when they are supposed to either.

What can I do in Spark to make it stop doing this?

jglunt2112
12-18-2013, 11:00 AM
I don't know how Spark works, but just last night I ran into the same problem in Addictive Drums. Here's what I discovered. I had chosen a preset beat in AD rather than programming my own beat in, something I hadn't done before. I did a drag & drop into my instrument track, leaving the first measure open for a click track. However, when I hit play in PT, the drum track played from the beginning, and kept playing past the end of the song until I stopped PT, even though no MIDI track was showing in these areas. What had happened was this: I had activated both the "sync" and "tempo" buttons on the beats page of AD. I should have only activated the "tempo" button. That way, the beat I chose would have been played in the tempo of the song only when the MIDI track told it to. When I activated the "sync" button and the "tempo", it told AD to play that beat whenever play was activated in PT. If Spark works the same way, deactivate the button that tells it to play whenever you hit play in PT. I hope this helps.

albee1952
12-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Interesting! Lately, I have had notes play out of time or missed completely(SD2 on an Instrument track) and it seems to only happen if I start playback, or Bounce to Disk at any time other than 00:00:000. So now, I start my bounce at zero and trim off the blank space on the final audio file. The other option is to route all the drum sounds to new audio tracks, and record them(starting from 00:00:000) and then make the original instrument track(and plugin) inactive.

kirstencrom@gmail.com
12-19-2013, 05:32 PM
Thank you guys so much! That makes sense, I'll try it and see if it works when I get back to home computer