PDA

View Full Version : An Ignorant,(not dumb) question!

Terry Wetzel
12-12-2013, 06:13 AM
In plain English, can someone explain to me as a novice exactly how to install and use software plugins. I use Pro tools 9 with Windows 7, 32bit. How do I get them to appear just like the standard set that's in Pro tools such as EQ and Reverb, etc. I've never done this before. Thanks in advance.

SpinningDisk
12-12-2013, 06:51 AM
The ones that come standard with PT or third party Plugins?

Southsidemusic
12-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Hi Terry

Just download the correct installer, install the plgun and let it put everything where it want's to and restart. Open PT9 and look for the new plugin under the respective section. i.e a compressor would be under compressor and if you are thinking about Celemonys Melodyne that will be under "other" section :-)

Post back if this is too vague

Best Of luck
Chris

Terry Wetzel
12-12-2013, 11:26 AM
The ones that come standard with PT or third party Plugins?
Either or. Thanks

John_Toolbox
12-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Either or. Thanks

The standard Pro Tools plugins are installed when you install PT.

Almost all 3rd party plugins have an installer, just run the installer and the plugins will be installed in the correct folder.

More info about the location of plugins:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/pro-tools-plugins-folder-location?popup=true&NewLang=en&DocType=1079

If a plugin is installed in the correct folder and still not showing up in Pro Tools, it's possible that it's not the correct plugin version that works with your pro tools version.

Terry Wetzel
12-14-2013, 05:58 AM
Thanks Southsidemusic. Your directions are not vague at all and are perfectly clear.