PDA

View Full Version : Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad - shortcut problems

stevesound
12-09-2013, 01:01 PM
I recently got an apple wireless keyboard and trackpad and now a load of my shortcuts are not working - for example cmd & 9 for "show video", Enter for "memory location, and most annoyingly for me - change grid value - ctrl & option & - /+
Does anyone know of a workaround or am I stuck with it? I tried adding the shortcuts in the keyboard section of apple preferences but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any help massively appreciated

Thanks
Steve

JFreak
12-10-2013, 10:11 PM
First time I've heard of such problem. I also use wireless and have had zero problems (if you don't count that it's only a mini keyboard without numpad).

Double-check that you have correct keyboard layout set up in the system preferences.

stevesound
12-11-2013, 01:42 AM
First time I've heard of such problem. I also use wireless and have had zero problems (if you don't count that it's only a mini keyboard without numpad).

Double-check that you have correct keyboard layout set up in the system preferences.
It seems to be set up fine as far as I can tell. So the shortcuts like cmd& 9 for video window work for you on the wireless keyboard?

Is there anything you can think of in the keyboard setup that I might have missed?

thanks
Steve

JFreak
12-11-2013, 02:32 AM
No I think you have set it up properly.

I don't work with video right now so it's hard for me to test it, but command-7 which should open the video universe instead links the three edit buttons in the edit window. So this mini keyboard apparently does not work as expected.

stevesound
12-11-2013, 06:01 AM
No I think you have set it up properly.

I don't work with video right now so it's hard for me to test it, but command-7 which should open the video universe instead links the three edit buttons in the edit window. So this mini keyboard apparently does not work as expected.
Yup, Command-7 is for the Smart tool on my keyboard. I think the problem is that all the numeric keyboard shortcuts aren't there (due to the lack of a number pad!), just the keyboard ones. I'm kind of stumped by the "Change grid value" shortcut not working though.

So any idea how I could find a work around? Wireless is the only practical setup in my studio at the moment!
Thanks
Steve

DetroitT
12-11-2013, 06:05 AM
If your keyboard doesn't have a numeric keypad, does adding the Fn (function) key to the command work?

i.e. fn cmd& 9 for video window ?

stevesound
12-11-2013, 06:26 AM
If your keyboard doesn't have a numeric keypad, does adding the Fn (function) key to the command work?

i.e. fn cmd& 9 for video window ?

Thanks for that, unfortunately not. Fn & enter works for a marker so you'd think it would be something like that, but no joy!

DetroitT
12-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Keyboard pref. set to US and not US(ext)?

Long shot....

stevesound
12-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Keyboard pref. set to US and not US(ext)?

Long shot....
Set to Ireland! Changed it to a few different options, no joy unfortunately, thanks though

Dre2580
12-13-2013, 09:16 AM
They make a wireless number pad that attaches to the wireless keyboard.

stevesound
12-16-2013, 02:56 AM
They make a wireless number pad that attaches to the wireless keyboard.

yep, I know, but it'd be great if I could change shortcuts more easily to suit whatever setup I have! Should be a little easier.
thanks
Steve

renehubard
02-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Having exactly the same problem. Any combination of with command, alt or control keys does not work. Anyone?