PDA

View Full Version : Where Do I Download New Plug-Ins?

SERAH
12-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Hello,

Sorry, this may be a dumb question to most, but I've downloaded multiple plug-ins, but they are not showing up in Pro Tools anywhere. I've tried placing the files in a half dozen folders, but they still do not work or even come up. Where do I download the plug-ins accurately, so they work and show up in plug-ins drop down menu?

Thank you,
Serah :-)

Darryl Ramm
12-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Hello,

Sorry, this may be a dumb question to most, but I've downloaded multiple plug-ins, but they are not showing up in Pro Tools anywhere. I've tried placing the files in a half dozen folders, but they still do not work or even come up. Where do I download the plug-ins accurately, so they work and show up in plug-ins drop down menu?

Thank you,
Serah :-)

Well some facts would help, Pro Tools version, OS, actual plugins. Start by reading the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this page and provide the information asked for there.

You download plugin installers and run the installer, its does the work for you. But what version of Pro Tools are you running and what exact plugins and versio are you tryign to install. Pro Tools 10 supports RTAS and AAX-32, Pro Tools 11 only AAX-64 plugins, and Pro Tools 9 and earlier only RTAS plugins. You have to make sure the plugins support your version of Pro Tools and the version of the operating system.

Darryl

SERAH
12-06-2013, 06:34 PM
I'm running Pro Tools 10.3

I'm trying to download free Plug-Ins for drum beats and Cello sounds.

My OS is Windows 7 on an HP laptop

I downloaded CelloFan, DSK Strings, and Open Source Drum Kit

Not working because they are free or incompatible?

Thank you,
Serah

SERAH
12-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Also, the plug-ins I download do not activate my auto-installer software. It's all manual, so I figured it just needs to be in the right place for the program to read it.

Craig F
12-06-2013, 07:01 PM
there VST
Pro Tools doesn't support the VST file type
you need a wrapper or host application if you want to use them in Pro Tools
FX Expansion, Blue Cat, and some others