PDA

View Full Version : Sonalksis SV-719 Gate crashing my session

tekis
11-16-2013, 01:10 AM
Hello:

Whenever I edit the parameters on the Sonalksis SV-719 Gate, I get the (-9129) error. I have the most up-to-date version of the plugin. I'm on Lion, PT HD 10.3.7, and I'm never anywhere near taxing my system. I have plenty of system resources, fast drive, relatively low track count (anywhere from 24-60), my cores are fine, RAM, etc. I can have the plugin running on the track as long as I don't open up the GUI to edit the parameters. When I do, I get the error in a could of seconds. I have had this and a few of their other plugins for a while and they've always worked well. I also had the same problem on PT 10.3.3. I emailed their tech support several months ago and they either didn't understand the problem or could not replicate it. I've included a couple of screenshots of a before and after--nothing changes except for the gate's GUI turning on. Thanks for any help.

tekis
11-16-2013, 01:12 AM
screenshots

Shan
11-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Hello:

Whenever I edit the parameters on the Sonalksis SV-719 Gate, I get the (-9129) error. I have the most up-to-date version of the plugin.

I recall a few older PT versions over the years that required RTAS developers to update their plug-ins in order to work in PT do to changes. Sonalksis may have dropped their RTAS support prior to this. I myself would email the developer for confirmation. Was the SV-719 Gate working in PT 9.x?

Shane

tekis
11-16-2013, 12:00 PM
I recall a few older PT versions over the years that required RTAS developers to update their plug-ins in order to work in PT do to changes. Sonalksis may have dropped their RTAS support prior to this. I myself would email the developer for confirmation. Was the SV-719 Gate working in PT 9.x?

Shane

I wasn't on PT9 long enough to come across this, but I've been on several versions of PT 10. Thanks.

tekis
11-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Something tells me is has to do with the computer's ability to draw and re-draw this thing's display. Occasionally when I put up the UA/Neve 88RS channel, the computer behaves in the same way--same error/same behavior.

tekis
12-26-2013, 03:23 PM
I've got the solution. I was having a lot of trouble yesterday, even with UAD plugins causing the same error--of course they shouldn't, as they have their own resources. So after updating to 10.3.8, I adjusted the "Plugin Streaming Buffer" in the "Playback" menu and it's fine now. Had nothing to do with Sonalksis after all. Thanks.