PDA

View Full Version : unexpected kernal trap crash

tropexui
11-10-2013, 05:10 PM
I installed pro tools express correctly. It worked fine. I'm running it on windows 7 compatibility. Then I installed all the stuff for the M-audio black box and now it crashes and gives me that error every time I make a new session. I can't find anything on it anywhere in relation to pro tools. Help me out, I haven't even had a chance to record anything!

Darryl Ramm
11-10-2013, 05:22 PM
I installed pro tools express correctly. It worked fine. I'm running it on windows 7 compatibility. Then I installed all the stuff for the M-audio black box and now it crashes and gives me that error every time I make a new session. I can't find anything on it anywhere in relation to pro tools. Help me out, I haven't even had a chance to record anything!

This is unlikely a Pro Tools Express problem, and more likely am interface driver problem. The MAudio Black Box is supported by M-Audio not Avid, you would be better off posting on their forums.

What do you mean "on Windows 7 compatibility". You mean you are running on Windows 8? Windows 7 compatibility mode does not help device drivers... and it's often a horrible crock even for applications.

Exact details of the driver you are installing, more bluescreen/crash stack details, and a SiSoft Sandra report might help folks over on an M-Audio forum. Downgrading to Windows 7 is also likely something to consider... unless another other M-Audio Black Box user can tell you they have it running under Windows 8.