PDA

View Full Version : Auto talkback setup with stock plug-ins

mesaone
10-30-2013, 03:54 PM
Here's how to set up your control room with a talkback channel that automatically cuts when the transport is running, and also automatically cuts above a threshold to prevent accidental feedback.

http://youtu.be/VgwO9BcNpF4

albee1952
10-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Yep. Been doing the same for a year now and it works like a charm. I actually have 2 TB tracks, 1 in the CR and one in the drum room. Both get ducked as you described and I saved the 3 tracks as a track preset:D Thanks for the video. I'm sure it will help many:D

mesaone
10-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback, Dave.

I did the video in response to a thread on another forum, where users were hoping that Massey would update his TB plug-in for AAX2. I remembered doing this with timecode on an analog desk, I couldn't find any cheap gate plug-ins with an "INV" switch like you can find on some large consoles. So I experimented a little, and there we go.

albee1952
10-31-2013, 08:57 AM
:D:D I took the same route. Its amazing what we can do when we think outside of inside the box:p BTW, what video capture program did you use. I've been thinking about trying my hand at a tutorial.:o

JFreak
10-31-2013, 09:14 AM
Its amazing what we can do when we think outside of inside the box

It's amazing how different languages have different sayings :) I can't think of anything except null in this situation. Can you think outside the box if you're inside the box? Beats me, but then again, I've already enjoyed a beer this evening :D

mesaone
10-31-2013, 01:17 PM
BTW, what video capture program did you use. I've been thinking about trying my hand at a tutorial.:o

I use FRAPS. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a screen capture software that works properly with ASIO... But FRAPS can record MME system output, and an input.

So what I do is disable the system output recording, and set the input to my audio interface. From there I run my mic channel and Pro Tools stereo out to a group bus on my mixer, that gets patched right back into the inputs.

This kinda sucks, since everything has to be done a certain way to avoid feedback loops... And if I want to separate my voice and Pro Tools output, then I have to pan mic left and PT right... And then split and center the tracks in a video editor later.

So I really need a software loopback utility, a screen capture software that can record ASIO out, or maybe just more I/O on my soundcard (Currently using an MBOX 3)