PDA

View Full Version : Fast way to print Melodyne's Edits to Audio

Dizzi45Z
10-30-2013, 01:50 PM
Everyone,

I have seen lots of videos that give really long methods on how to print the edits of Melodyne back to your audio tracks. Here is a method I came up with that shows you a quick way to print Melodyne's Edits.

Pro Tools: How to Easily Print Melodyne's Edits (http://bit.ly/1h1lw2p)

Michael Hurwitz
10-30-2013, 03:44 PM
cool tip! thanks

mesaone
10-30-2013, 03:44 PM
How did you get the track view to change from volume to waveform just by clicking on it?

Stig Eliassen
10-30-2013, 03:53 PM
How did you get the track view to change from volume to waveform just by clicking on it?
Ctrl+Command+click (Mac) on the track name. On a PC I guess that would be Ctrl+somethin' somethin'+click the track name. :D

Dizzi45Z
10-30-2013, 04:14 PM

PT Lover is correct.

This video shows the commands for changing views without using the track selector:

Quickly Switch Track Views (http://youtu.be/Ykax62_AumY)

mesaone
10-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Ohhh, I got it. I thought it was just a mouse version of the control-command-arrow view switching.

If you're already in waveform, control-command-click doesn't work because it's context sensitive, and the view it switches to depends on the parameter you click on.

Thanks, guys.

Jakay
11-06-2013, 04:06 PM
I just ended up using this trick in practice. All said it was a good way to get the melodyne print without needing to add another track in the long run. Cheers!

Dizzi45Z
11-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Jakay,

I'm glad to hear that you are finding this workflow is working for you.

I have tried tons of different ways to print Melodyne within hundreds of projects and I have finally settled on this being the absolute best and fastest way to do it in almost any circumstance. So it isn't simply by chance that I came up with this method.

It makes me happy to see that somebody else found value in this method.

Carl Kolchak
11-07-2013, 07:41 AM
I think it was DUC member albee1952 who first brought this method to my attention a couple of years ago - it really is the least amount of fuss and resources.

Glad that word is spreading, and surprised that Celemony themselves haven't done more to point it out.

The other alternative, if you really don't want to create any new tracks, not even a new Aux track, is to use Quick Punch, and feed the original track back in to itself, but that's a slightly convoluted way of working, and not as convenient as just dragging the plug-in to an Aux, and bussing it through to the original track.

The other face-palm moment for me with Melodyne, was that I only recently realised you can have multiple "arrangements" / "tunings" - however you want to think of it - within a single instance of the plug-in, just by saving them as presets.

mesaone
11-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Ha, I commented on the video because I didn't understand how the coloring worked for his (your?) clips. Got a response. Checked my own rig, because it didn't sound right... And realized that no matter what I set things to, it didn't work. Trashed prefs, re-configured prefs, and now it works.

Playlist color coding has always gotten on my nerves. Any time I promoted something to the main, it would adopt the main's color - which makes it more dificult to associate clips with their parent playlists. Now it's working properly, and I'm pretty happy about it! I really wish Pro Tools would adopt the excellent comping system in Reason (quick-swipe with automatic crossfades)

Dizzi45Z
11-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Ha, I commented on the video because I didn't understand the coloring worked for his (your?) clips. Got a response. Checked my own rig, because it didn't sound right... And realized that no matter what I set things to, it didn't work. Trashed prefs, re-configured prefs, and now it works.

Playlist color coding has always gotten on my nerves. Any time I promoted something to the main, it would adopt the main's color - which makes it more dificult to associate clips with their parent playlists. Now it's working properly, and I'm pretty happy about it! I really wish Pro Tools would adopt the excellent comping system in Reason (quick-swipe with automatic crossfades)

One thing to note, If colors aren't changing when you move clips to new playlists and etc, it could also be the fact that the clip has somehow been assigned a color. To reset the clip, select it after you have opened the color palette and click on default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

YYR123
11-07-2013, 11:23 AM
I really wish Pro Tools would adopt the excellent comping system in Reason (quick-swipe with automatic crossfades)

Wow that sounds nice

mesaone
11-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Wow that sounds nice

Check it. It's an old video, and Record is discontinued... But this feature was rolled into reason, and also improved over the past three versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SNRZ0dCq284#t=60

Jakay
11-07-2013, 05:23 PM
Dizzi...

Yeah, it helped immensely, and will in the future even more. I'm trouble shooting melodyne edits right now, and some of them were done externally, and imported, and some were done on a second track and internal bounced to their own separate track, and ****'s everywhere.

This way I can keep it all on one track, start to finish, and it's right there if I need it, squirrelled away on a playlist along with everything else. Wish I had started this project that way, but, now I know. With nine more tracks more complicated than this impending, believe me, this is a lot of future headaches saved.