PDA

View Full Version : My 001 is here! And the problems start...

byteme
12-01-1999, 08:24 AM
Actually I really haven't had too many problems. The PCI bus on my G3/Yosemite was getting bogged down at first. I have 18GB Ultra-wide and Adaptec SCSI accl, I kept receiving a (PCI bus is to slow to communicate with hardware) error. Called digi and they suggested Monitor colors and resolution be lowered and lowering the transfer rate of my SCSI card. Everything is fine now! Been runnin 24 tracks of 24bit and 8 RTAS plug-ins without another hitch!

misrule
12-01-1999, 10:49 AM
What speed is your processor and how much RAM do you have?

timskinner
12-01-1999, 05:51 PM
I too just received my 001 and am having no problems w/ the audio in PT5 w/ numerous plug-ins.

What sequencer are you using. I have been a cubase VST user and don't really want to have to change, but can't find the appropriate ASIO drivers for the digi001.

Any help?

YAR-X
12-02-1999, 04:55 AM
BYTEME

What kind of drive do you have and the model of the scsi card...check if the H.D. is compatible wiht the drive as suggets the card factory.
Remember you can't mix LVD(Low voltage differential) drive with HVD (High voltage differential) drives in the same bus of the Scsi card. The circuits are not compatible and drive damage may occur. And try to make some partitions in your drive to improve your avg. seek/acces time....
I hope this can help you

[This message has been edited by YAR-X (edited 12-02-99).]

byteme
12-02-1999, 09:17 PM
I have an Adaptec 2940, and a Glyph (Seagate Cheetah UW) Drive. Although I do have the drive partitioned into 3gb partitions, I dont think that seek time is an issue with this problem, nor processor speed or RAM. It is merely that the PCI bus (NOT SCSI BUS!) is cramming too much stuff down its throat at once. I actually think the fact that my hardrive and SCSI card are very fast was hurting, because it could send so much down the PCI bus at one time. Anyway, if anyone else out there is dealing with this issue I would love to hear about it.

rseely
12-02-1999, 10:18 PM
I pickup up my Digi from Guitar Center Houston, Installed it, and Runing 24 tracks. It's all working together for the Good. ray

[This message has been edited by rseely (edited 12-02-99).]

[This message has been edited by rseely (edited 12-02-99).]

Mike Schneider
12-03-1999, 06:21 AM
rseely:

How fast is your Mac?

How many tracks/RTAS effects are you getting?

(And which Guitar Center--Westheimer or 45?)

rseely
12-03-1999, 08:33 AM
Mike, I have a B&W G3 300 with 320 megs of RAM. I'm using the 6gig ide drive that came with the computer but have a 27gig Maxter ide expected to arive tonight to install and partision. Im new to this so I'v installed everything step by step and only ran the dimo that comes with the system at this time. The demo is playing back 24 tracks with I think 6 effects. I picked this up at Guitar Center Westhiemer. They only have four come in and I don't know if they were all taken or not. If you live in houston maybe we should stay in touch. My email is [email protected] .
rseely:

How fast is your Mac?

How many tracks/RTAS effects are you getting?

(And which Guitar Center--Westheimer or 45?)