PDA

View Full Version : VST to RTAS...pufffff!!!

capalfie
09-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone! I am dealing here with a beast. I am trying to control my beloved JV-2080 which I refuse to sell, period! And of course it hast to be from inside Protools itself.

So far, I am stucked with Midiquest 10 XL and Protools! Midiquest has a VST version of its program to be used from inside a DAW. Problem is my wrapper, Fxpansion VST to RTAS does not want to...well..."wrapp" Midiquest VST plugin! I just cannot load it from inside PT...

Conclusion: BIG FRUSTRATION!!! grrrrr......

Any ideas that would help calm me down?

Thks!

guitardom
09-27-2013, 06:31 PM
Hi everyone! I am dealing here with a beast. I am trying to control my beloved JV-2080 which I refuse to sell, period! And of course it hast to be from inside Protools itself.

So far, I am stucked with Midiquest 10 XL and Protools! Midiquest has a VST version of its program to be used from inside a DAW. Problem is my wrapper, Fxpansion VST to RTAS does not want to...well..."wrapp" Midiquest VST plugin! I just cannot load it from inside PT...

Thks!

Either get a trial of MB-7 2 and try to host in there or host it in reaper and Rewire it in PT.

crizdee
09-28-2013, 12:46 AM

Thks!
Hi,

Have you gone into the wrapper and manually selected to wrap this plugin.

I findi have to scan everything then go through the list and turn on the ones I want.

Is the VST version installed ok and WORKING as a VST? It must be working as VST for the wrapper to be able to convert it.

Chris

kwz
09-28-2013, 01:17 AM

Thks!

Win or Mac?

capalfie
09-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Either get a trial of MB-7 2 and try to host in there or host it in reaper and Rewire it in PT.

Thank you Guitardom, I will try them both and post here the results!

capalfie
09-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Win or Mac?

Thanks kwz, sorry I forgot to post my set up... I will add it to my signature...

I am under Win 7 Ultimate 64, I7, 8GB ram, Fast Track Ultra 8R, Protools 9.06...

capalfie
09-28-2013, 11:16 AM
Hi,

Have you gone into the wrapper and manually selected to wrap this plugin.

I findi have to scan everything then go through the list and turn on the ones I want.

Is the VST version installed ok and WORKING as a VST? It must be working as VST for the wrapper to be able to convert it.

Chris

Hi crizdee, thanks for you help. Yes, I have tried that manually. I have no idea if the VST version is ok. I am using Midiquest and it is supposed to be a serious program. This program add a dll for the JV-2080 to my vstplugin directory. Then I am supposee to wrapp it with Fxpansion...but this is failing...

kwz
09-28-2013, 12:37 PM
maybe the dll that got scanned by the adapter is the x64 version, so it failed at detection?

and, have you tried to disable UAC?

capalfie
09-28-2013, 06:33 PM
maybe the dll that got scanned by the adapter is the x64 version, so it failed at detection?

and, have you tried to disable UAC?

UAC is disabled. But I am lost about the 64...mmmm....I have both versions of Midiquest, 32 and 64...which one am I suppose to install considering I am using PT9, 32 bits and Fxpansion wrapper, 32 and everything inside a 64bit Win 7 version? Hmmm.... I have installed both, 32 and 64 and had problems wrapping with both, but perhaps the error is in how to install it...perhaps should I uninstall everything, clean up registry and start all over just with the 32bit version???? Lost and confused here...

guitardom
09-28-2013, 09:01 PM
UAC is disabled. But I am lost about the 64...mmmm....I have both versions of Midiquest, 32 and 64...which one am I suppose to install considering I am using PT9, 32 bits and Fxpansion wrapper, 32 and everything inside a 64bit Win 7 version? Hmmm.... I have installed both, 32 and 64 and had problems wrapping with both, but perhaps the error is in how to install it...perhaps should I uninstall everything, clean up registry and start all over just with the 32bit version???? Lost and confused here...

With PT 9 you would use the 32 bit VST. The Rtas wrapper is not going to wrap 64 bit VST since Rtas, wrapper, and PT are all only 32 bit.

guatamas
09-29-2013, 08:30 AM
With PT 9 you would use the 32 bit VST. The Rtas wrapper is not going to wrap 64 bit VST since Rtas, wrapper, and PT are all only 32 bit.

Also the wrapper will not work with VST3 plugins

capalfie
09-29-2013, 10:34 AM

Thank you for your advice. Anyway, yesterday I received a know-out punch from Soundquest:

"...Midi Quest uses VST 2.4 and FXpansion is only able to wrap VST plug-ins up to VST 2.3 so it will not work.

To our knowledge, there is no work around. We do hope to add RTAS support to Midi Quest at some time in the future..." Sound Quest Inc.

So there´s nothing to do right now for me with the combo Midiquest-Protools-Fxpansion wrapper...dead-end road at the moment.

So either I start trying Bedule, Reaper...or I start accepting to control my synth from outside Protools and forget the whole thing...:(

Shan
10-17-2013, 12:42 AM
Thank you for your advice. Anyway, yesterday I received a know-out punch from Soundquest:

"...Midi Quest uses VST 2.4 and FXpansion is only able to wrap VST plug-ins up to VST 2.3 so it will not work.

Did you try hosting it in the RTAS version of Blue Cat's MB-7 (http://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_MB7Mixer/)? Download the demo and give it a go.

Shane

mesaone
10-25-2013, 02:58 PM
MetaPlugin (http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3) will probably work.

Enrico De Paoli
03-05-2014, 04:09 PM
Excuse me to bring this thread back, but has anyone managed to get MIDI QUEST to be automated in ProTools ? Tks