PDA

View Full Version : No track arm or mic pre buttons

audiledesign
09-17-2013, 11:51 PM
I don't see any track arm or mic pre buttons, did I miss them? That would be a serious omission for me as I am considering upgrading from a C24 which is used for both recording and mixing.

Tom Graham
09-18-2013, 10:56 AM
I don't see any track arm or mic pre buttons, did I miss them? That would be a serious omission for me as I am considering upgrading from a C24 which is used for both recording and mixing.

There are several ways to track arm on S6. On the Fader module - you have input and record arm buttons right below the OLEDS. (That is their default mode, but can also be other modes as well). My favorite way of track arming is with the Matrix view - you can see up to 72 channels at a time and just simply touch the record arm mode and then touch the channels you want to arm. They blink red to indicate they are in that mode.

(Updated)
As far as remote Mic Pre control goes - it is currently working (in testing), we plan on showing it at AES in NYC and it is expected to be qualified for the release when we ship in Q4. There are several manufacturers who support this protocol like Millennia and Grace.

Thanks,
Tom

audiledesign
09-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply Tom, arm and input buttons are obvious now you've pointed them out. Matrix view sounds useful.

Mic pre control will be critical for us, looking forward to hearing more on that front.

Cheers, Ian

M-ManLA
09-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Can the S6 control the Avid Mic Pre?

Tom Graham
09-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Can the S6 control the Avid Mic Pre?

As far as remote Mic Pre control goes - it is currently working (in testing), we plan on showing it at AES in NYC and it is expected to be qualified for the release when we ship in Q4. There are several manufacturers who support this protocol like Millennia and Grace.

DetroitT
09-20-2013, 05:08 AM
I love remote Mic Pre's.
A better (Less than 3db) /smother jump during trim would be nice.
My workaround is to use pre-record aux-faders for track riding.
(Coarse adjust conservatively then ride as usual)

M-ManLA
09-20-2013, 09:57 PM

Awesome!