PDA

View Full Version : PSP plug-in question

changeofeyes
09-07-2013, 11:16 AM
I've been using m-powered PT 7 for several years now. I just upgraded to the 11/10 bundle. I'm planning on using 10 so I can continue to use my PSP plug-ins which I love. I have one of the session open that I was working on with PT7 and I can see all the plug ins from my original session but the are not working and the interface is not present when you select the plug-in. Does anyone now how to fix this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Phil Ogden
09-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I am guessing it's a plug-in compatibility issue. Version 7 -10/11 is a big jump. Have you updated your PSP plugs?

Craig F
09-07-2013, 12:38 PM
there are some major changes in the I/O setup, you probably need to make buses to connect your outputs to in your old sessions

bradch00
09-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Posted a bug report to PSP tech support a few weeks back on this they do know about it (blank GUI), which plug-ins are effected and have you downloaded the update recently? I updated a few of mine (but not all) and the problem seemed to have been resolved basically by not supporting 32bit AAX. The new downloaders (at least the ones they've been able to address) will install a 64bit AAX and the RTAS version (which will be used and works with PT 10)... I was using a workaround where I moved the AAX plug-ins to the "unused" folder when I was using PT, which forced PT10 to pickup the RTAS version that do not have the blank GUI problem.

I would try and download one or two of your plug-ins and reinstall them to see if the installer has been updated.

BTW Quite a number of PSP plug-ins have been ported to 64 bit AAX so they are compatible w/ PT11.

changeofeyes
09-08-2013, 01:21 PM
thanks for the feedback.

I have a whole package of PSP plug-ins I've been using for around 5 years or so. I've never updated them since I've been using PT7 for so long. I guess I will figure out how to update them and see if that is the solution.

bradch00
09-08-2013, 08:22 PM